We last visited this property in 2011 and were told of all their big plans! We did see where the pools had been worked on and all were in working order. The spa itself had been cleaned up. However, the steam rooms in both men's and women's locker rooms were not working. And, the room...was worse than last time. Room was hot and the heater was off (in the 20's outside)....wierd! Good thing it was hot though as all that was on the very uncomfortable bed was a sheet and very thin blanket. (I've thrown out better). TV was old and we had to have remote replaced...coffee pot didn't work right, front door stuck, room was dusty, clock didn't work, etc. etc. And, they wanted us to buy a timeshare, wow they really know how to market their product! When I mentioned the room they made note of it, had me fill out a form, but never offered to move us. On the plus side, we found that both restaurants were excellent as were all the staff, at least they have their act together. We were told and showed the cabins that have been started....sure they have...they are the MODELS! Show me some that have been built for use! I am fearful this place is going to go under again...timeshare buyers beware!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the picturesque views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa is a getaway for all ages. Come experience the legacy of David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa for yourself. Since its conception, almost 150 years ago 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa has offered its patrons the ultimate in relaxation and health benefits from its mineral rich waters. Relax in one of the five on-site hot spring mineral pools, or enjoy a Swedish massage at our Day Spa. And for your dining adventure you don't have to leave, with two on-site restaurants you have a vacation at one location. 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon is not only a favorite place for food but wine as well, the restaurant hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu Beef. For Breakfast and Lunch go next door to the newly open Harriet's Cafe. Harriet's proudly serves Starbuck's coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1862 David Walley`s Hot Springs Hotel Genoa
- David Walleys Hot Springs Hotel
- 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort And Spa Genoa, Nevada