We had a spacious two bedroom Dillon condo at the end of the resort property. The unit was very nice, although the kitchen work area is tight for two people to prepare a meal. There was a whirlpool tub, a washer-dryer, and excellent wi-fi in the condo. From the patio, we observed bunnies, birds, and one day, three deer. The patio was comfortable with a very nice view. The staff was helpful, fresh coffee available in the lobby along with three fast computers. While the hot springs did not " cure "me of my aches, it was pleasant to sit in one of the tubs and chat with others. The property is very nice, and Lake Tahoe is less than 30 min. away over the Kingsbury Grade. Carson City is not far and worth a visit. Go to the visitor's center, get the walking guide and walk "the blue line" (literally ).
Into golf? Try the beautiful views and challenging Sunridge Golf Club about 15 min. from the
resort, reasonably priced,too.
This is a very nice resort for families with pools and a playground. However, the tennis courts are locked up as they are unplayable, and we were told they were going to be taken out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the picturesque views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa is a getaway for all ages. Come experience the legacy of David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa for yourself. Since its conception, almost 150 years ago 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa has offered its patrons the ultimate in relaxation and health benefits from its mineral rich waters. Relax in one of the five on-site hot spring mineral pools, or enjoy a Swedish massage at our Day Spa. And for your dining adventure you don't have to leave, with two on-site restaurants you have a vacation at one location. 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon is not only a favorite place for food but wine as well, the restaurant hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu Beef. For Breakfast and Lunch go next door to the newly open Harriet's Cafe. Harriet's proudly serves Starbuck's coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1862 David Walley`s Hot Springs Hotel Genoa
- David Walleys Hot Springs Hotel
- 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort And Spa Genoa, Nevada