I understood the place changed hands and things we're being up graded but,
I took my husband there for a relaxing Anniversary and was not impressed. at all.
Thre SPA charged us to use the hot tub's , the jet's in all but one worked, I can see having some one pay if their only there to use the spa facilities but i would expect the tubs a least to be included in the hotel stay , since that's what people stay there for in the first place. The mosquito's were not fun at all ,they seemed to like the hot tubs and what was un them,needless to say we got eaten up as well. our room was not in good shape the dust was thick and the tv remote only worked if you held it right in fron of the tv to change channel or work the sound , or be sheets had holes in them, we decided to try the sauna in the auora building but that was a no go as well ,the upper bnench was broken so we could not sit on it , the directions mounted on the wall stated to put water on the rocks to make steam every 5 min utes or so
there was no water in the sauna for this either,our room had cpoffee and no cups (i angry at this point and go top the check in dest to complain. i leave my complaint's with the security man ,being told i would get a call later ( never happened _ we had to see the night manager who told me she didn't know of any complaint note left that morning ) hmmmm) i fully intend to tell everyone i know never to stay there and certinly never to buy one of their so called time share's, ( and i certinaly didn't see anything for kids to do with their families besides a play ground,pool table . i overherd one time shre owner 's complain they didn;t have certin things in their room that should have been there to begin with, never again dh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the picturesque views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa is a getaway for all ages. Come experience the legacy of David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa for yourself. Since its conception, almost 150 years ago 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa has offered its patrons the ultimate in relaxation and health benefits from its mineral rich waters. Relax in one of the five on-site hot spring mineral pools, or enjoy a Swedish massage at our Day Spa. And for your dining adventure you don't have to leave, with two on-site restaurants you have a vacation at one location. 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon is not only a favorite place for food but wine as well, the restaurant hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu Beef. For Breakfast and Lunch go next door to the newly open Harriet's Cafe. Harriet's proudly serves Starbuck's coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1862 David Walley`s Hot Springs Hotel Genoa
- David Walleys Hot Springs Hotel
- 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort And Spa Genoa, Nevada