“Perfect for us, minus a few details.”

1862 David Walley's Hot Springs & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 things to do in Genoa
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled in the Sierra Mountain Valley, with a 360 degree view of the majestic Sierra Mountain range, 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs Resort Spa offers you a rare opportunity to indulge yourself in the mineral rich hot springs that mother nature herself thrives in. Our hot springs have been known around the world for their healing powers for almost 150 years. Come and refresh, relax and reconnect.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My mother-in-law gave us her timeshare week as a present and we transferred into David Walleys. This was my first timeshare experience. Upon first pulling into the parking lot I was surprised on how big the resort was, it looks like a small condo complex. We where checked in by a very friendly hotel staff. The friendly but persistent timeshare salesman was there from moment one trying to schedule his presentation. After firmly telling him no thanks, we never heard from him again. We stayed in the Bodie building in a 2 bedroom unit. Really, its a hotel suite with an adjoining standard hotel room. It was very clean and nicely appointed. We had a full kitchen, with a dish washer. There was also public gas grills behind the building. Our room also had a washer/drier. A nice touch. The resort was quiet and just what we where looking for. Unfortunately some of the details kept it from being perfect. The king sized bed was just terrible, rock hard. The queen was a little better. The blankets are scratchy, these are things I am not picky about. My wife and I ended up sleeping in separate bedrooms, it was that uncomfortable. Despite boasting about their renovation our room still have small old tube style TV's. The provided coffee did work in the provided coffee machine. The bedroom was dark and did not have easily accessible plugs for portable electronics.

We were granted free admission to the hot spring as a transfer. Some others had to pay $30 a day. We enjoyed the springs more then we thought, as hot tubs are not our thing. We did not try the restaurant although it looked quite beautiful. If your are not looking for spa services, there is not much to the resort. The tennis courts looked like a portrait of urban decay. A small horseshoe station and basic volleyball nets rounded out the entertainment.

All in all though we were looking for a nice place to stay from which we could go on our little adventures in Tahoe, and Walley's fit the bill. It was a much more relaxed atmosphere then staying in South Lake Tahoe itself. I would recommend it for someone looking for something similar, I just hope they upgrade the beds.

1  Thank tcnjdeluca

Reviewed July 22, 2013

While the food was great the price was tremendous! We had reservations but when we got there, they didn't have them. The place is really not set up for a big buffet so the food area became quite crowded and hard to dish food. Refills on coffee did not exist. Overall, the place is nice but do not go to a brunch there!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Dog friendly. Being remodeled and it will look even better when they finish. Units had a kitchenette, an added treat. I loved the hot tubs and pools. All natural hot springs and heated to different temperatures. I would definately stay here again.

2  Thank Jan D
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love everything about this place .. it is great during the summer months and winter

1  Thank nachiholts
Reviewed July 21, 2012

the staff at the resort were very rude. the place was sold out and our reservation didn't seem to matter to them. we were sorry that we brought friends to this place and would never recommend it again