I have stayed here four times over the past year. Gathering enough data really lends perspecitve over everyone elses. First I have to review the rooms as a whole. Whichever rooms you get to stay in you get a decent if not perfect view of the lake. I recommend the third floor if rooms are available. They have installed flat screen panel TV's in every room recently, which are fantastic. TV channels are of a really good selection too. Since they have flat panels, there are an abundance of connections on the side liek any other flat panel. The only problem is that you need to ask the front desk to use the master remote to change to these external devices if you have plugged anything into the TV.
The air conditioner/heater is very cold and hums at a very comfortable level. During the day it will shut off because of the energy saving boxes attached ,but they quickly begin agian once you step into the room. Within 10 minutes your room will be at your comfort level you set it to.
Showers are about a medium flow compared to most, but shouldn't bother anyone. Shampoo and soaps are a very nice fragrance. They always keep a nice assortment of toiletries for new guests. For instance they have wipes for makeup removal and a packet of toothpaste if you forget yours. Thay have in room coffee makers, but I urge you to get coffee downstairs as it is already made.
The beds are about a soft to medium. The pillows are perfect for anyone. I usually toss and turn when I sleep, but in these beds I might wake up once. The amount of sheets and cleanliness are as good as you can ask for.
Breakfast is served on a regular basis, but I would urge you to ask what time they are starting. Sometimes there is a lull in business and they may start later than usual. Average start time is between 6am and 7am. There is an assortment of breakfast foods. This hotel has one of the best free breakfasts I have seen in a long time. Of all the food I recommend the waffles the most.
If you stay at this hotel please study the road map leading to the hotel as it can be confusing. You need to travel to the road that takes you to the other side of the hotel facing the lake. Please use google street view or aerial view to prevent any confusion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly remolded rooms overlooking beautiful Topaz Lake, this Gardnerville, Nevada hotel is nestled in the Eastern Sierras, just off Highway 395. It is very suitable if you are going to Lake Tahoe,Yosemite, Death Valley, Mammoth or even Las Vegas if you are travelling from San Francisco area. It features a daily continental breakfast and rooms with free Wi-Fi and a cable TV. Our best selling point is its location in Sierra Mountains and great view of Topaz Lake.A microwave, fridge and coffee maker are provided in all rooms at the Best Western Topaz Lake. Each room features mountain and lake views, and includes a work desk and seating area.Guests can enjoy free access to the on-site fitness room and relaxing jacuzzi. The hotel's business center offers fax and photocopy services, and the front desk is available 24/7.The Topaz Lake Best Western is just 2 miles from Topaz Lake Park, and the Carson Valley Museum is a 30-minute drive away. Harvey's Lake Tahoe Casino is 37.8 miles from this hotel. Hotel Rooms: 30, Hotel Chain: Best Western. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Best Western, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Topaz Lake Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Topaz Lake Hotel Gardnerville
- Best Western Gardnerville
- Gardnerville Best Western