See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

We spent one night there on our way from the Yosemite to California. The owners couple took the place over just a few days ago and were very friendly and helpful. The room was small but clean and comfy and we found everything we needed for our stay. The room was quite despite the rooms next to us were all full and we didn't here street noise in the night. Even a coffee machine and a refrigerator was there and all this for approx USD 60. Maybe they could find a better place for the coffee machine as it was set next to the toilet.
We would recommend the place in any case for travelers that want to avoid Carson City's gambling crowds.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fronson
Reviewed November 27, 2015 via mobile

Our son and his pregnant wife were visiting us. We toured the motels in the area and found that the Sierra Motel is a gem. The management was very friendly and accommodating and the room worked perfect as a "home base" for them. The room was quiet and clean.

We highly recommend this motel!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank nvboatman
Reviewed April 10, 2015

the people are nice, the room okay, but starting at 7 a.m. the traffic is bad. not even a sound machine could drown it out. the lady that said she couldn't hear it from the "back" was misleading. there is no rear to this motel. the "back" is just 100 years further from the road. I checked out the other small motels and I would be shocked if any of them are any different in being able to block the traffic noise along this road.

Room Tip: stay as far back from the road as possible
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2014 via mobile

This motel gave me the 3 things I want most when I'm travelling: an impeccably clean room, a comfortable bed, and plenty of hot water in the shower. It's not fancy but is very well kept up for an older property. I thought it was an excellent value for the price, especially since they only charged $10 for my dog. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
Teresa L, Owner at Sierra Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2014

Thank you!! for taking the time to write a review. Have a great fall and winter season.

Reviewed September 7, 2014 via mobile

I was on a long term project and lived at the Sierra Motel for the better part of 6 months in 2012. I had a unit in the back with a kitchenette. A little dated, but is suited me just fine. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Having a unit in the back helped dampen noise from the highway. Being able to come home from a long day at work and cook up something was really great, hotel living and eating out constantly gets tiring.
The owners were very friendly and welcoming and Miguel would sometimes leave goodies from his garden in my kitchenette.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business