“Nice placde to stay outside of Reno”

Best Western Fernley Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fernley
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed one night in the BW Frenley on our way from the Monterey, CA area to Salt Lake City. The hotel was clean, and the service was very good. My only gripe is the size of the breakfast area. It was very crowded and hard to move around in. Also, they had FOXNews playing on the TV very loudly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Arthur B:

Thank you for choosing the Best Western in Fernley NV. We appreciate your business. I would like to apologize for the Fox news channel being so loud. This generally happens when a guest wants the volume turned up due to the amount of people in the breakfast room.

We hope that you will stay with us again when passing through our area.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Overall the hotel is very good; however, you cannot count on everything working in the room. When I stayed, it was very warm and the air-conditioning did not work. Needless to say, I did not have a very restful night and had a long drive ahead of me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Traveling Grandma6:

First of all thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business.

We went and checked your air conditioner in the room and it does work. You have to put your key card in the slot by the light and leave it in there. Our rooms are the energy efficient and the air conditioner should have been explained to you at check in.

Again, thank you for your business and I hope you will stay with us again on your way through Fernley, NV.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here while passing through. Had my doubts because it is a typical motel and i generally prefer hotels. But the price was right and reviews were good, so I went with it. The room (#115) was very nicely renovated recently. Looks like everything was replaced except the tub & surround. All very nicely done. Bed linens and the pillows were good, with choices - 4 pillows; 2 firm, 2 a bit less so. But the real story here is the mattress. WONDERFUL. I've been traveling for 41 days (and nights) and this was by far the most comfortable mattress on which I've slept. Even better than the $225 Grand Canyon Lodge. I woke up in the same position in which I went to sleep. If every Best Western had the same mattress, I'd never stay in any other hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank GrandmaryA
Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Mary:

Thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your comments and we are just finishing up on our renovations. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that on your next time through you will stay with us again. Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Beautiful, clean and up-to-date room. Employees very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was plentiful with eggs, sausage, waffles etc. Quiet location and easy walking distance to stores and restaurants. Would definitely stay there again and that's a lot for me to say. I'm very picky expecially when it comes to cleanliness and quiet rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Robert C:

Thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your comments on our property. We are currently finishing our renovations and we appreciate peoples comments. We hope you stay with us the next time you pass through the Fernley area. Please let us know if there is any thing that we can do for you.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

great location, nice and clean room. only bad was heavy wind blown sand through the door. easy access to all the necessity. Walmart, and all food just cross the street. if you do not mind walk in the heavy sand wind. you can just walk to the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Lawrence:

Thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business. That wind storm was the worse I have seen in my three years here. I would like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to you coming back to Fernley.
If there is any thing we could do different please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We booked this room because we couldn't find any rooms in Reno, and it seemed to have decent reviews on tripadvisor. We were in the process of moving across the country and traveling with our 11 year old, six month old and two dogs. Check-in was quick. Our room (room 119) looked clean and well kept, but about 30 seconds after arrival we realized the room smelled like urine. The smell never went away. It was late and we were exhausted, so we stayed. We could tell the carpet was just tainted with numerous urine stains. This motel should be embarrassed for even putting paying guests in this room! It was disgusting! Beware, if you stay here in a "pet" friendly room and wear shoes!

Stayed: February 2014
Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Jennifer:

Let me first of all apologize for the odor in your room. We strip every thing in our pet rooms every time they are rented bed skirts included. My housekeeper is usually on top of these matters but obviously this slipped through the cracks.
We would have been happy to move you and I understand it was late but we would have been happy to move your room. Also, you did not come to the desk to check out and we were not aware of this. Believe me this will be addressed with the entire housekeeping staff.
I would like to talk to you in regards to this matter if you are interested. Please call me at 775-575-6776.
Again, you have my sincere apologies and I would like to hear from you.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is an older Best Western and is adequate for an overnight stay. The mattresses could use replacement and although our room was large, it lacked furniture to make it a homey stay. The biggest issue is that the breakfast room is teeny tiny. Not even half the tables were full with guests and you couldn't get around the room without bothering other people. Definitely need a bigger room and it was unbearable hot.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Mary Rose:

Thank you for your comments about the Best Western Fernley Inn. I do apologize about the breakfast room being small. Most of the time there are not many people in it at the same time. We also incourage people to sit in the lobby. Thank you for your business and we hope that when you come through the Fernley area you will stay with us again.

Lisa Ketner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernley
Comfort Suites
#3 of 4 in Fernley
Comfort Inn Near Fallon Naval Air Station
Best Western Fallon Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Fallon

Been to Best Western Fernley Inn? Share your experiences!