“My home away from home :)”

Best Western Fernley Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fernley
San Jose, California
“My home away from home :)”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here the past 3 months on company business, This is the best motel in Fernley,NV. The staff takes pride in making everyone comfortable,Lisa is a great manager ( she cares) , The front desk staff Ashley & Jacklin are very accommodating & by far the very best @ what they do .......kudos too tge whole staff.
Big Mike, Icon Environmental Services. Union City, CA

• Stayed March 2012
Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for your great comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you each week. This is your home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Had a great experience...front desk woman & manager went out of their way to accommodate every request I had and recommended a few local restaraunts as well. They crack me up! Overall experience was a true 10/10. Thanks ladies...hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank RespectIsEarned
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The property is clean and well stocked. I wish for more comfortable beds, but we will stay again. We had a fly problem. At least 10 flies were occupying our room. We killed several but we were unhappy sharing our space. The room smelled like old lady perfume. Id prefer Febreeze and no flies. Breakfast was more than expected with biscuits, gravy and sausages. Pastries and waffles were available. On the west side of building we had sunlight in our eyes way after our bedtime. On the east side, we had noisy trucks and a garbage truck banking around KFC at 4am. So, what a choice?

• Stayed October 2011
Carrara, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2011

On a 5 week road trip I've stayed at many Best Western's knowing what to expect. I used their online booking service and excellent printed hotel guide with maps to make reservations a day or so in advance and was never disappointed.

The Fernley Inn was easy to find and in a fairly quiet location. Unless you want KFC you'll need to drive to get a meal. The gal (sorry I forgot her name but she had just arrived from Alaska. Fairbanks to Fernley? Gotta wonder) was terrific, helpful and friendly. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and they provided a pretty good (and standard BW) breakfast.

Fernley was a fairly typical interstate highway pit-stop. EXCEPT when I stopped at the Shell Service Station the next morning. Fernley stands out as having the one single person, on a road trip of over 4000 miles around the US and Canada, that wasn’t friendly, helpful or displayed even the smallest amount of intelligence.

I’ll set the scene. Those having seen the movie Five Easy Pieces will no doubt remember the difficulty Jack Nickelson’s character had with a waitress, while trying to order wheat bread toast. Well, the counter attendant at Jackson’s Shell Service Station is right up there with that waitress.

Knowing I had to pre-pay for fuel I entered the station and offered my credit card just as I had done at every service station up to this point. It was a fill-up but I didn’t know the exact amount needed. Patsy, declined to accept my card, asking me if I knew how many bogus cards she had seen. Not wanting to play the game, I offered my driver’s license as proof of my identity, and 3 other credit cards, stating that this was the first service station in the US and Canada that would not accept and hold my card while I filled up.

Calling me “sir” – I doubted the show of respect - she then insinuated that I’m a lier by saying “I don’t think that’s true.” Replying that it clearly states payment by credit card or cash on the pump I again asked why she chose to not accept my card. “Company policy”

Sensing the futility of trying to use logic on the illogical, I fortunately had just enough cash to pay for the fill up, so I asked if she would accept my cash as the security. “Yes”. Clearly expecting her to examine and decline the $50 note I offered, I proceeded to fill the car up.

Returning to the counter to get my change, I asked that she return the $50 note and process my purchase on my credit card. “I can’t do that as I’ve already accepted this as a cash payment”. Well, I want it to be processed as a credit payment, just as it says on the pump and just as you did for the last person you served, so please return my $50. “I can’t do that and I can’t accept your credit card” as she opened the register and gave me my change.

I sensed that the folks behind me were entertained but frustrated by the time this converssation was taking. She had my cash, and knowing there were any number of firearms in the place I departed angry and amazed by Patsy’s lack of common sense or courtesy.

So Patsy, at Jackson’s Shell Station in Fernley Nevada, I give you the “Five Easy Pieces Award” as the most stubborn, stupid, unfriendly and just plain ugly person I encountered on the entire trip. Perhaps the Shell Company and Jackson would consider providing Patsy with some basic customer service training, but I doubt it would do any good.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Gil G
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Excellent choice for retirees on budget. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Quiet location. Well lit parking lot.

• Stayed August 2011
Reviewed August 12, 2011

All exterior room entrances. Room was good, a bit dated but comfortable. Beds were nice. Walmart across street, KFC beside motel. Can't comment on breakfast, EST so we left at 5am, and were in bed by 8pm. Intense sunlight and heat streams under door and through curtains. Large covered pool looked nice.

• Stayed August 2011
Toledo, Oregon
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Checked in on 8/9/11. Was very impressed with the room. It smelled nice and clean and fresh. Had a big Cal. King bed with plenty of pillows. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. They asked if I needed the codes to the pool and the internet and gave them to me on the spot. That meant I didn't need to call and ask later. Bathroom was clean and well stocked. Breakfast included cereal, waffles, toast, muffins, danish, coffee and juice. The hotel was easy to find and easy to get to. I would recommend this place to my friends and family. They also have a RV park located on the property.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernley
Comfort Suites
Comfort Inn Near Fallon Naval Air Station
Super 8 Fallon
Super 8 Fallon
#5 of 8 in Fallon

Been to Best Western Fernley Inn? Share your experiences!