“Clean and smoke free”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fernley
Farmington, New Mexico, United States
“Clean and smoke free”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have stayed in Frenley before at a different motel. This experience was so much different, in a good way. This motel is not connected to a casino so it was smoke free and quieted down at a reasonable hour. The staff was helpful, the breakfast was adequate and the beds we comfortable. Our only complaints were the closeness of the train tracks, they were working on the tracks so the trains ran sporadically, and the small breakfast area. One morning we chose to leave and get breakfast somewhere else due to the overcrowding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
St. Cloud, MN
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I can't even begin to say enough good things about this hotel! It's not too hard to find off the freeway, but it is in it's own little area. Go past the 2 truck stops and under the railroad bridge, then take a right in about 1/10 mile.
The room was HUGE!!!!! We had 2 double beds with HUGE pillows (almost too big) and a pull out sofa sleeper which my son claimed. He even thought it was quite comfy. :) Nice big bathroom. Super clean room.
Pool was a bit smaller than most, but that's okay. We had no issues. It was clean and cool, so it was all good :) Pool open til 10. No hot tub and the fitness center was closed for maintenance I think. Didn't matter, didn't use it anyway.
Breakfat was wonderful...waffles, eggs, sausage, eggs, yogurt, fruits, juices, bagel, muffins, pastries etc....
You'd never know there were truck stops right there, never heard a thing. My hubby did wake up when the train went by, but I didn't hear a thing, which is very unusual as I wake up to EVERYTHING!
If we get the chance to head west again I would definitely stay here again! This place was amazing! And so affordable!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in one of the king suites and it was amazing! I'll start with the bathroom - the tub was jetted and luxurious, the towels were fluffy and wonderful and the countertops and tub surround were granite and super nice. The bed was soooooo comfortable and nice - there was a mattress pad on top of the mattress that just made sleep that much more delicious. The amenities at the hotel are great and the breakfast was delicious. The staff was very helpful and friendly, they never treated our questions and requests as inconveniences. This is a great place to stay! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for almost three weeks, while working in town. It is easy to get to get to, off of the highway. Check in was easy. My only complaint about the lobby area, was it was HOT!. It was hot outside, (100-106) but there seemed to be no air conditioning for the poor desk clerks. Room was very nice. Clean, large bathroom, refrigerator and microwave, plenty of thick towels, desk and office chair. I was on the third floor, which is where they seemed to place anyone staying for an extended period. Not much foot traffic and it was quiet. The only noise came from the freight train that runs parallel to I-80. I'm a fairly sound sleeper and it never woke me up, but while sitting in bed and watching tv, it does tend to make the whole bed shake. Internet access was good. Air conditioning in the room was excellent. My only real complaint is breakfast began at 6:30. That seems to be the standard at the Comfort Suites chain. I would prefer it at 6am, because I travel for work and typically need to be there between 630 and 645, which doesn't leave much time to eat. I didn't use the pool or the fitness area. There is a coin operated laundry (1 washer, 1 dryer) on the second floor. All in all a pleasant stay, for such a long trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Terin L, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while working in the area! We appreciate your remarks regarding the amenities that you enjoyed while you were here! We apologize for the inconvenience of not having air condintioning in the lobby at the time, and have since had the issue fixed. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great room and bed! The staff was friendly and efficient. Definitely will stay there again. Have stayed in Fernely before and was disappointed. We would not stay in Fernley again if our choice of hotel were the same. So glad we could stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I guess if you're a solid sleeper, no worries, but I woke up to a train blaring his horn at 3am, and my bed vibrating to what sounded like a high speed train. I heard at least 4 trains in the 8 hours we were there, and my guess is I slept through a few. Our room was on the south side of the building too, so I would think it'd be louder even if we were on the north side.

Also, we "assumed" this hotel was where all the other hotels were, but it's all alone in West Fernley, and we passed it twice at midnight trying to find the entrance (Partially our fault I admit). The street needed to access it wasn't even on our GPS. Also, the A/C in the main building was apparently not functioning, so it was about 90 degrees while we were eating breakfast in the morning. The room A/C wall unit worked fine fortunately.

Everything in the place is brand spankin new, except our desk chair looked anchient, with food stains to prove it.

It was mostly very clean (chair the exception), room was spacious, with a partial wall to separate from the couch area (we had a king suite). The bed was comfy (albeit on the soft side, and I prefer extra firm), and there were 6 giant pillows! Yay! Some fluffy, some flatter. The breakfast was great too. Waffle maker, eggs that tasted mostly real, and super yummy biscuits (soft and fresh), with gravy. Plenty of other breads and such. No OJ though. :(

I didn't speak to a single employee - hubby checked us in and she smiled a lot - but they seemed friendly enough.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Nice breakfast selection. Only downside would be the swimming pool was really small. Didn't see an issue with the train tracks being right next to the hotel. We even stayed on the side closest to the tracks and never heard the trains.

• Stayed June 2013
Terin L, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites on your stop in Fernley! We're glad you appreciate the clean rooms and friendly staff!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernley
Best Western Fernley Inn
Super 8 Fernley
Super 8 Fernley
#3 of 4 in Fernley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks
Super 8 Sparks/Reno Area

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!