Recently stayed here for three nights for work. Fairly new hotel in Fallon within easy walk/drive of places to grab a quick bite. Fallon is a small town so don't expect much, but this hotel is no different than nicer HIE hotels anywhere else. Quality rooms, good amenities and the service was great.
Had one minor issue on check-in. When I made the reservation I called twice and specifically inquired about the internet connectivity in the room, stating that I would need a hard wired Ethernet connection. Upon
confirming with the front desk the week prior to my stay, I opted to keep the reservation. I called again the Saturday before my Monday arrival to confirm once more and was given the same information. As a result, I cancelled my reservation at another establishment. Of course, upon check in I was assigned a room that had no Ethernet port, only wireless connectivity. I called the front desk and explained that I needed to be able to work from my room and my laptop for work had no wireless connection, which is why I requested a room with an Ethernet port. I asked to switch rooms and was told that the hotel was fully booked. At that point, I opted to send an email to the manager (since she had left a personal welcome note in the room with her contact info) and followed up with a voicemail to her. She replied the next day while I was in meetings indicating that my new room was ready for me and I could relocate anytime. I grabbed my things, checked into the new room, and had no issues at all after that. Management and the front staff was very professional throughout, and after a brief conversation and phone call, were more than willing to accommodate my request.
Aside from that, I had absolutely no issues at this hotel. The late afternoon cookies are a nice touch. The breakfast, while not great, is more than acceptable for a business traveler trying to grab a quick bite on the go. The room was quiet, clean, and very comfortable. The only reason I won't rate 5-stars is because of the room web connectivity issue which I tried to avoid by making my request in advance. With that, I would still highly recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since opening in 1997 the Fallon Holiday Inn Express Hotel has been recognized by InterContinental Hotels Group as a Quality Performer every year. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fallon is located of highway U.S. Alternate 50, which is famous for being The Loneliest Highway in America . While traveling on Highway 50, you will find Sand Mountain, The Shoe Tree , and Great Basin National Park. Fallon, Nevada is home to many attractions that include NAS Fallon, home of Top Gun and Strike Warfare University, Top Gun Raceway, and the Stillwater Wildlife Refuge. Our staff strives to make every guest feel at home when they walk through our doors. Our great room offers a comfortable a living room area complete with a fireplace and television for your enjoyment. Overlooking the lobby is a library for those who need a quiet place to relax and read a book or to meet with friends or co-workers. Adjacent to the hotel is Stockman s Casino, which has long been a favorite Fallon tradition. Within the casino, Angelica s Steakhouse and the Coffee Shop both offer delicious and versatile menus. Stockman s Casino, known, as The Friendly Place is an Oasis for Winners . Whether you re traveling through Fallon on business or pleasure, when you choose the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fallon not only will you experience a comfortable home feeling, you ll be sure to leave Fallon with a smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, IHG and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Fallon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Fallon Hotel Fallon
- Holiday Inn Fallon
- Fallon Holiday Inn Express