“Fan freakingtastic !”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Hadley, Nevada, United States
“Fan freakingtastic !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Just had dinner and as always it was great. If your in town go try it. Even the sushi is great. Try the samurai roll, my first experience and mmmmm.

abc123Reno_Nevada
“Best Wonton Soup Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

If you order the Wohr Wonton Soup by itself, it feeds two people and is the best I have ever had in a Chinese restaurant. Other items I would recommend are both on the Chef's Specialties section of the menu: Spicy Shrimp and Garlic Trio. Fast and friendly service, good ambience, and they have a separate area if you prefer sushi to Chinese.

• Visited December 2013
Lamoille, NV
“Expected better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

When I see Trip Advisor reviewers give a place four out of five, I expect better than what we experienced here. It wasn't awful, but average would have been a bit of a stretch.

The good: the service was very friendly and attentive. Had I sneezed there would have been six folks there with hankies. The prices are very reasonable. And the beer list, while not extensive, covered the bases so you could order the style you liked.

Beyond that, though, it was pretty marginal. We ordered a Godzilla roll and unagi nigiri for appetizers. Neither had much flavor, other than from old oil. We were glad we didn't make a meal of sushi.

I had chicken lettuce wraps as a main dish, and they were pretty flavorless. The lettuce cups were really small, which I think I like better than the normal size since they are not as messy.

My husband had General's chicken, which is supposed to be a hot dish. He even told the waitress to heat it up. It barely registered, even after adding five spoons full of chili oil. And his fried rice tasted old.

Overall it was adequate but it could have been so much better.

Savannah GA
“Good food, space for large groups”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We ate here a couple of times during our stay in Fallon. I tried the mongolian beef and lemon chicken, each was good and served with a large portion of rice. My friends got the AYCE sushi, wow! They do sushi very well here. There's a large selection of the typical asian dishes and a comprehensive sushi/nigiri selection. My lemon chicken was good although the lemon sauce was overly sweet and only on one side of the plate and under the chicken so I didn't "discover" it until halfway done with the plate. IIRC, there's no draft beer (or, at least no good draft beer) but we enjoyed the warm sake. The dinner service was a bit on the slow side. Bottom Line: Fair prices, good food, excellent sushi.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank dolomoto
Fallon
“3 Strikes you are out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Good food one time terrible the next.
But the sides (rice etc) are always luke warm(not hot), and the main is hot but extremely different each time.
I give up - I guess this is what happens when Chinese aren't doing the cooking.
Service is really weak too, sometimes there's a smile but most of the time it's just business.
Too bad because the other 2 Chinese restaurants are even worse!
They also have a Sushi bar and I cannot comment on that.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 1ScubaDiver

Been to The Wok? Share your experiences!