“Simply amazing”

Courtyard Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Fallon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: At The Courtyard, we are incredibly passionate about the pure pleasure that mouth watering pastries and delicious foods and warm hospitality can bring to your day! We love what we do, and even more... We love sharing it with you! We want your experience to be an enjoyable one and we include in that experience - great food, graious service, a warm atmosphere, yummy aromas and irresistible displays. The Courtyard Cafe & Bakery is rated #1 restaurant in Fallon on Trip Advisor. See the reviews here.
Solomons, Maryland, United States
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

A spectacular gem in middle of Nevada desert. Restaurant and gourmet bakery all in one! Have a favorite desert or baked good not in case...no problem! Deb will whip it up for you!! You'll want to eat every meal here when in the area and try EVERYTHING!!

• Visited July 2013

Victoria, Canada
“Amazing find!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Most small towns are hit and miss when it comes to restaurants - driving on Hwy 50 was no exception - until we hit Fallon and found the Courtyard Cafe and Bakery. They have a great selection of sandwiches for lunch, as well as quiche and salads. The bread/rolls are baked in-house and are truly mouth-watering! I had the beef dip which was superb! Lots of beef and for once ... enough broth to finish the dipping and more! What a concept! The spicy beef sandwich was also superb and the potato salad is to die for! Not skimpy on portions either! We had wonderful, friendly service and enjoyed it all. Wish we'd have had room for some of their delectable looking pie!
It's not a large place and can get busy so be prepared or go early! Seems like lots of personnel from the Naval Base come here as well!

• Visited May 2013
Fallon, Nevada, USA
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Really good food but I have 2 main complaints.
They are SO disorganized and unprofessional, it's frustrating. You'll be waiting for a while for someone to help you, busy or not. We stood forever trying to make eye contact with an employee and they just brush you off like you aren't there, no "I'll be right with you" or anything!

Also, if you like your burger well done but not burnt you have to order it medium well. The employee I spoke to acted like I was dumb for not knowing that... But when the burger is cooked correctly, YUM!

• Visited April 2013
Reno, Nevada
“One of the Tastiest Burgers Ever ... Plus Cookies”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

When we decided to take a quick trip to Fallon, we figured we would have a TripAdvisor restaurant showdown between the Courtyard Cafe & Bakery and the Slanted Porch. And while the latter was good, I think the Courtyard deserves its top billing here. It really is fantastic.

I went the Black and Bleu Burger which featured some of the thickest bacon I've had on a sandwich along with, quite possibly, one of the finest tasting burgers I have had in a long, long time. The beef was truly delicious. The menu said "local" meat, so perhaps Fallon ranchers are feeding their stock something special as it is very flavorful. In keeping with the bleu cheese theme, I had the salad as a side and it was filled with greens. All in all, a terrific meal.

Although it isn't on the menu, they do have a few children's dishes. Our son went with the pasta, penne w/grated parmesan, and garlic toast. He polished it all off.

We were at the counter, so throughout the whole lunch I was staring at the pie platter filled with about the thickest, richest pecan pie I've ever seen. And while I held off on a slice, we did grab some cookies at the counter and, like our lunch, they were great. They had that crispy outside, yet soft inside, that a lot of bakers fail to achieve.

The staff was also very good. All of them were friendly and helpful with directions and questions. It was just an overall great experience. If there is one negative, it would be that it looks like they don't do dinners. So if you are in town, make sure you stop by before 2 or so.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CoyoteIsland
Austin, Nevada, United States
“Great food, good service”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Good food, love having lunch there. We eat lunch with them on our trips through Fallon quite often, we don't do breakfast because I don't like home fries, prefer hashbrowns, but thats a personal choice, thier food is good , service good and they fixed up the place up really nice.

• Visited January 2013