“Delicious Dinner and wine homegrown vegetables”
Review of The Slanted Porch

The Slanted Porch
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Fallon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This is an attractive place with friendly and accommodating staff. As you park you may notice a large greenhouse! Turns out they grow, sell and cook with their home grown veggies! We came in 30 minutes before close with a 5 year old and ate a wonderful meal. The soup of the day featured their own Bok Choy ( which you could also purchase to take with you raw).
The artichoke chicken was beautifully done, the potatoes were perfect on the side.
Stop here for fresh and delicious food at a reasonable price in a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

While working in Fallon this place was recommended by co-workers. What a great lunch. So much better than the fast food restaurants in the area. I had the special of the day-a pulled pork sandwich. The pork was very moist and tender. The coleslaw that accompanied the meal was excellent. The fries were good too. They are the shoestring type and nice and crispy. Can't wait to work in Fallon soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Interesting restaurant, quality food, fast service, different than most burger places. Check out the artwork while waiting for your food, but be quick, it comes fast!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

First the pro: Food was very good. A pleasant surprise on "the loneliest road". The staff were friendly and generally helpful.

The con: the food took a long time to get, but they were very busy, so I can understand that, but what really bothered me was when I reviewed my bill, I noticed that buried in the charges, was a fee titled "cc charge" of 3 percent. I asked my waitress about it, and was told that it was a credit card fee charged because of the high amount "American Express" charged them. I asked why I was being charged, since I was using "Visa", and she said she agreed, but there was nothing she
could do about it. It seems to me that if they are going to charge a penalty fee for paying with a credit card, they should advise you before you purchase a meal.

So be sure to add 3 percent to the already somewhat high prices on the menu before you make a decision.

My question

1  Thank HARRY_LOVES_TRAVEL
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We walked in at about 2:30 and were told we were there at "that awkward time", lunch was over and dinner had not started. However, we were told we could order anything from the burger menu and they would also make the wife a spinach salad.
I wanted a burger anyway so I ordered the Nevada burger.
I must say it was one of the best burgers I have ever had! Very juicy though so get extra napkins.
The salad was also excellent with the bacon dressing.
If you are in the area and love great food this is the place to stop!!!