“Good Food, Slow Service”
Review of The Slanted Porch

The Slanted Porch
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Fallon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good Food, Slow Service”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food here was very good, but the restaurant was quite busy and there was only one woman working the counter which caused us to wait quite a while in line.

Visited September 2013

Reno, Nevada
“Superb Nevada small town restaurant!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a great little gem in Fallon, NV. I have had their food before at a catered event, and it was just fantastic. They are very big on using local ingredients, and supporting other local business. Their food combinations are terrifc and very creative. I recently returned to have a drink with my husband, and we watched entree after entree come out of the kitchen, and they all looked fabulous. Our meal was just as terrific. Great staff too - friendly, fun and seem to enjoy each other.

• Visited August 2013
Lenzerheide, Switzerland
“Great locals place”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have has many good meals here. Can be a bit crowded at lunch. Specialties at lunch are a variety of really good sandwiches. Has bar service available. People come here to relax, have good food, and see friends. Dinners have been good except for one night I got a tough steak. Since then I heard they changed beef suppliers.

• Visited June 2013
Pitman, Nj
“A Great Time!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I arrived during Happy Hour on a VERY hot day and sat at the bar. We were greeted by some of the nicest employees we've come across. Good beers at great prices and a salad with a delicious, homemade blue cheese dressing made for a nice way to 'chill out'. The people we met at the bar were so very nice to talk with, too. By the time we left, the dining room was practically full, and it was early. It seemed to be quite popular.

Visited June 2013
Silver City, New Mexico
“Surprise!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Small town Nevada has not been where I have expected to find source-conscious or healthy, well-prepared food in a bistro environment with excellent service, but the Slanted Porch offers it all. Host to a Farmers' Market in its parking lot, the Slanted Porch offers on its menu what they can in the way of locally grown produce, so I opted for the spinach salad with locally grown spinach. It was wonderful! The basalmic vinegrette was perfectly seasoned and the waitress gladly made adjustments to my order to meet my lactose and pork free diet. The salad was a generous enough portion to serve me well as lunch and priced under $10. Some reviewers have complained about the prices and portions. We are retirees who travel frugally, but we value good quality, locally sourced foods when available and have regretfully observed that Americans are used to paying less for food and more for medical bills than the rest of the developed nations. That out in the open, we prize hidden treasures like the Slanted Porch (found through a search for "healthy food in Fallon NV") and recommend it whether your desire is a healthier menu or a tastier one. It's moderately priced and worth every penny.

• Visited June 2013