Hotel Nevada
$56
$110
$88
$54
Rustic Inn Motel(Ely)(Great Value!)
$85
Travelocity
$77
$69
All reviewsjimmy stewartrooms are smallwater temperaturetallest buildingcharlie pridejunior suitefour poster bedfourth floorlots of historyhistoric placestep back in timeinteresting hotelcasino downstairslas vegasmain floortable gamesfree drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here during the annual Fire & Ice festival at Cave Lake State park. The hotel is pet friendly with an eclectic mix of decor. Our room was exactly as expected from reading other reviews and the hotel website. Booking our room through the website was easy but did result in a minor issue. Upon arrival we found that we had a double reservation that was easily remedied with no charge. The front desk employee suggested calling the hotel directly for our next stay since the double booking does occur sometimes on the website. We will stay here again on our next visit to Ely, NV.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stay here regularly to visit my brother at Ely State Prison. It's cheap and it's fairly clean, although on my most recent stay last week, there was a stain on the toilet that looked like blood (gross!), and the tub clearly hadn't been cleaned. So that had to be dealt with. I ordered room service, a tuna melt, and asked for 1/2 fries and 1/2 sweet potato fries. 'No problem!' Then they called 10 minutes later to tell me they couldn't do that. Argh! Onion rings? Sure, for a buck more. How about ranch on the side? Sure! But they charged a bunch for the ranch, too, and didn't tell me. Their drinks are teeny-tiny, like maybe 8 oz., so beware of room service. Pick it up downstairs and save yourselves 3.00 and a tip. Better yet, eat somewhere else and spare yourselves a headache! Usually though, it's very clean and the staff is always really really nice. My first time there I saw a sign about their limo that'll 'take you anywhere you wanna go, just ask!' So I did. I was told it was complimentary for the guests, just to ask and I could have a limo ride to wherever I needed to go. Well, the prison was just a few miles down the road, so I asked for a ride to the prison. A very somber man replied 'Oh, we don't go there'. Kinda false advertising, I thought. Whatever. Non-smoking rooms are truly non-smoking thank heavens, and 4th floor and up seem to be fairly quiet rooms, regardless of the party downstairs. I can sort of recommend it, with reservations. No pun intended.

Room Tip: Stay above the 4th floor to get a quieter room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I consider our choice as a very lucky one. This is a historical place that kept most of its original atmosphere. Well, maybe with the disadvantages also, as smoky casino, old furniture, fluctulating hot and cold water in the shower... But still, you can get a room where Stephen King or Ingrid Bergman stayed and get the light feeling of decadence when sitting by the bar downstairs. Complimentary coupons for alcohol! Once in Ely, there is no better place to be overnight!

Room Tip: Ask where the hollywood stars stayed!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Blodenwedd
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I can't even tell you how many times we have stayed at the Hotel Nevada. The last trip we took all the kids and grandkids with us and rode the Polar Express. 4 rooms. Step back 40 years when you enter the door. We love this. My grandson loves the stuffed rattlesnakes in the cowboy boots. This time (Christmas) the deer head on the wall had a red nose. We go to Ely to be somewhere else. The trip would not be the same if we stayed in one of the new, modern hotels. There are odd little things like the random cold water in the shower and the incredibly slow elevator but these are part of the fun.

In the past I would say you have to eat at the restaurant - great prices and great food but something changed a couple of years ago and I would not recommend the restaurant. Open 24 hours so sometimes it is your only option. They used to have mac and cheese with ham that the kids absolutely loved. No more. The food is more fussy and not as good.

Ghost rumors - I would have said just rumors but this last trip 3 or the 4 rooms had a "ghost" experience. He must have been feeling friskey that night. Not at all threatening - just part of the fun.

Casino is small, intimate. My kids love the card room downstairs - I'm a penny slot person and the big winner this last trip. I won enought to pay for all 4 rooms.

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room there. Smoking rooms strongly smell of smoke. We like rooms on the front of the building just so we can watch the train go by but you have to deal with neon lights on that side.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Now I like the Hotel Nevada, no, I love the Hotel Nevada. But last night I'm with my Dad, we're on our way to Mesquite for his 49th anniversary celebration, watching some football and we're a few hundred dollars into the blackjack table in the pit downstairs when the Pitboss named Jeff kicks us out because we've exceeded the half-hour rule for getting a beer, we had to have beer because they didn't have a waitress to get us a whiskey-coke. I've never heard of such a rule. So we go upstairs and ask for the GM Gary but he never gets back to us so we sit at the bar and play video games and the bar there doesn't have the same half-hour rule so we get all the beer and whiskey we want. Hotel Nevada I love you, but you need better customer service. The owner Bert needs to give us an apology.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends