“Would stay there again”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Ely
Glenwood Springs, CO
“Would stay there again”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stopped in Ely, NV in July 2012 on a trip to CA via hwy 50. We wanted to make it to Eureka but all the motels were full there. As one other reviewer said, when you choose Motel 6, it's no frills. We didn't like the first room (4 motorcycles parked right at the door and I could only imagine the noise at 6 am the next morning) so the reception guy gave us two alternative choices. We took a room on the first floor at the end and it was just fine. One minor issue was the shower head which was great for me as I'm short but not for my husband who is tall. Otherwise, we slept well, the room was clean, we had plenty of space to store our things and we watched the Olympics while using the free wireless connection. There wasn't a fridge in the room but according to other reviewers, I bet we could have gotten one for the asking.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end may be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It was our only choice - all the motels were full - our room was dirty - I'm talking the shower had things you do not want left over in a shower in it! called the desk - he was helpful - gave us a new room - but it was still not clean. better but a long ways from being clean - would never stay at this motel again - and avoided Motel 6's the rest of the trip

Room Tip: Motel 6 needs to improve alot before I would stay again
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debra T

Travelers are raving about these Ely hotels

Bavaria
Reviewed July 31, 2012

When you choose a Motel 6, you just know you have to expect a no-frill location. However, at Ely we met a very nice and helpful guy at the reception, who even let us choose our room (a definite first in our vast Motel 6 experience !) and recommended us a good Asian restaurant down the road. What more could you ask at a stop-over? Room was nice & clean, even quiet and with excellent Wifi. A definite recommondation at the area. (If you are a frugal traveller, that is. You are at a Motel 6 on a steal of a room price. If you expect luxury, go somewhere else and pay for luxury ... ;)

Room Tip: Back rooms face industrial yard with high fence, so should be very safe for your car ;) - not that E...
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were in Ely on our way to Vegas and stayed 1 night. We had originally booked at another hotel but after dealing with a rude and obnoxious office clerk we found this Motel 6. The manager was very nice and extremely accommodating. The rooms were clean and neat. Four of us riding four motorcycles we asked for a certain set of rooms in the shade. He was more than happy to accommodate us. We needed a fridge and he had one sent to our room. The pool was very well maintained and he delivered pool towels and placed a few of them on each table for guests. This is a typical Motel 6 but on the higher end. After 15 years of traveling together we've seen most everything. Sometimes I think other reviewer's expectations are set too high, this is a Motel 6 after all. It was quiet and convenient and we'd stay here again.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The manager at the front desk was very helpful and quick with check in and providing information about the motel and places to eat near by. The room was small but clean and quiet. The bath room was small with a shower stall, toilet and sink with limited counter space and sparsely stocked (only a few hand towels and a bar of soap). But when I asked at the front desk for more towels the manager was quick to get us some more towels. The motel has an out door pool which was large and heated; a nice plus when traveling with kids who have been in a car for hours on end. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Springtown, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here 1 night, traveling with 2 children (8 and 15) and an elderly (mid-80s) parent. I had reserved a n/s room and indicated that it was important since my daughter has severe asthma and smoke is a problem. I called the morning of the day I planned on arriving and also requested a 1st floor room to accommodate my parent. When I arrived, the innkeeper opened several 1st floor rooms and suggested that I spend a few minutes in each with the door closed to be sure I was happy and that there was no smoke smell. I appreciated his concern, chose one, and we settled in. WiFi was free, not typical of Motel 6. and worked well. The room was clean and neatly kept, including the refrigerator. It was apparent that there were several people staying there long-term (highway crews?), but the motel did not have the flophouse ambiance that sometimes comes with long-term guests. There was some noise in the morning from people leaving for work and from a nearby truck yard, but nothing extraordinary. This is a clean. convenient.and affordable place to stay the night in a remote working class community, not a resort, and it serves that purpose well.

• Stayed July 2012
Corte Madera
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I can't understand these negative reviews, I found this motel very clean and comfortable.The manager, Mike Patel is great. He is very helpful, cheerful, and has a good sense of humor. I needed information about the town Ely and he gave me great information about this desert town. I'll be going again to this motel when I travel again on Route 50, The Loneliest Highway in the USA. The lady receptionists are very great,too.

John Buckmaster.