“Nice Place to Win”
Review of Jailhouse Casino

Jailhouse Casino
Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Ely
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stopped in here to kill some time and stayed for hours just casually winning, nothing big, but enough to want to stay. The floor attendant/bartender made the best bloody mary's! I think we would want to stay at their hotel sometime.

1  Thank Dave R

Reviewed February 4, 2014

While we're not into gambling we do enjoy the resturant. The food is always above average with more than ample servings. Service is always excellent and the staff very friendly. They serve Starbuck's coffee which is one of the reasons we eat there when passing through Ely.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I'm reviewing the casino rather than the hotel. After spending two days visiting all the casinos in West Wendover and Ely, I found the best odds for video poker at the Jailhouse Casino. For those who will understand, they had multiple Jacks or Better 9-6 machines. While I didn't win, I played for almost an hour with 20 coins. According to the posted rules, I should have also received a complimentary beverage, but I didn't. The drinks guy passed out beers to everyone around me but studiously avoided asking me if I wanted anything. Perhaps he figured out that I wasn't a local in a town that may not get all that many visitors. As a quick aside, the casino also had the best odds when I visited Ely twenty years ago.

Overall, I would say that better odds are more important than free drinks.

1  Thank Robert H

Been to Jailhouse Casino? Share your experiences!