“Not a good experience”

and 1 more site!
Bristlecone Motel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ely
Reviewed October 26, 2012

In a seven week road trip in south western USA this was, by far, the worst place that we stayed. Our room was very small, dowdy and getting on towards shabby. The towels were thin and skimpy (and mainly green!). The motel is located right on a busy crossroads and our room was right next to the road. We could both hear and feel the traffic well in to the night and from very early the next morning. There was also a fair amount of noise from the adjacent room and the room above is; not the fault of the motel management, of course, but it didn’t improve our stay. No breakfast is provided so, although the motel is quite cheap, we do not think it offers value for money. Also this is the only occasion in seven weeks where we met with a brusque response (bordering on rudeness) when we asked a perfectly polite and reasonable question at the reception. That says a lot about the general courtesy and friendliness of Americans! But it also says a good deal about Bristlecone Motel. We think there are much better accommodation options in Ely.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Philip F
DesreeRamirez, Manager at Bristlecone Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I am sorry you had that experience staying with us. The noise from the street does tend to be a little distracting, beings we are located on highway 50. I am also sorry you didnt like the towels, they are one of our most complemented items. They are from the JC Penneys Home Collection and not the average motel towel. Once again I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Even though we were assigned what was probably the least-desirable room in the motel (ground floor on the highway,) we slept very well. The bed was excellent, room very clean, towels big and fluffy, and internet worked well. The bathroom is miniscule, but sufficient. The location is convenient to stores, restaurants and even a casino.

Room Tip: A second floor room away from the highway would be preferable, though we had no complaints about our...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LNaydene

Thank you for the review.. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and took the time to give your feedback. We hope you stay with us again..

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This motel has a friendly staff, rooms that are as clean as they smell and the parking is excellent. It's close to the grocery store and post office, too. The internet works great. It even has a table with chairs to use as a mini office. I slept good and woke up feeling great. It's a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Triston M
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Rooms were clean. Smelled clean! Linens were home-like. Cable channels on TV and actual working Internet. Loved it.
The bathroom could have been a little newer but it didn't spoil the stay.
Coffe mug in room, air-conditioning, free parking wih plenty of places.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank defene
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I just got home and decided to rate the Bristlecone because of the staff and the facility itself. The girl at the front desk made us feel welcome. She found our reservation and checked us in quickly. We have stayed here a few times before in rooms on the ground floor but went with the second floor this time because of the big paned doors that go to the balcony. The view is beautiful! The rooms are spacious, more like suites but not at the price many other motels would charge for the same. I also like the parking lot. It accommodates big trucks as well as trucks and trailers. I found the room to be very pretty, very clean, and comfortable. I like the long hot shower that never got cold and lack of noise which sometimes comes from other rooms or the outside when we stay at the other motels. I will be staying here again!

Room Tip: The upper rooms have an exterior balcony with table and chairs every so often so we can enjoy the we...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Based on reviews here I thought we should give this place a try after staying at the Hotel Nevada last Spring. So I called to book a room on Sunday morning at 9:30 am. The person answering the phone must have been surprised because she asked me: you want to book a room now? I told her I wanted a room for the next night, Monday, and gave her my credit card number. When we showed up on Monday afternoon, the clerk could not find our reservation. One of us desperately needed to find a restroom. She told us the only ones they have are in the rooms. which we could use as soon as she checked us in. But she could not do that because she could not find our reservation!! We could not wait for her to get her act together and told her to cancel and went across to the Ramada to use their restrooms. I called a bit later to get a cancellation number and was told that she had found the reservation which had been made for the following Monday. Unbelievable,
We realized that we had time to drive to Las Vegas, where we got a great deal on the North end at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shock43
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed here over Thanksgiving 2011 upstairs in the room with 3 beds. When we woke up in the morning to go hunting there were bed bugs everywhere. When we told the front desk they offered to move us to the room next door! So we requested to checkout and they didn't even offer us a discounted rate for our inconvenience. We stayed at the Prospector for remainder of our trip and slept in complete comfort.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
pinewood6, Manager at Bristlecone Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

I am very sorry that you had that experience staying with us. From the media we know there is no motel immune to bedbugs. The issue was taken care of immediately and haven't had any further issues. I did however refund the full amount of your stay. I also tried to phone you several times with the number you have listed with us to speak with you personally. Once again I apologize and would like to offer you a free night stay to try us again. We take extreme pride in the cleanliness of our motel and would like the chance to show you.