“Fantastic Hospitality”

and 1 more site!
Jailhouse Motel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ely
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visited the Jailhouse with my saint bernard in tow. The Jailhouse has 4 pet rooms which are all (apparently brand new) tile with a nice rug for my dog to curl up on. The room was superbly clean, smelled fresh and new, and very roomy. Check in/out was quick and the staff was VERY friendly and even gave us local tips of various things we may want to check out while in town. Anytime we are going to drive by or near Ely, we stop in for some good food, good people, and a nice place to rest. We know we can always count on the Jailhouse to make our travels so much more enjoyable! This is truly a pet AND people friendly place to visit!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 31, 2013

After a LONG trip from Idaho we arrived at the Jailhouse Motel in Ely Nv tired and weary. We had never stayed there before and we were so so happy with our choice.
The entire experience was top notch...spotless room with great accommodations. What a treat.
We will DIFFINETLY being staying there again when we pass through Ely on the way to Cali!!

regards, Ken and Julie Markling

Room Tip: We stayed in Cell 209 upstairs and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were in town for a company Christmas party. The front-desk cleark was pleasant and worked quickly through the line of people who showed up to check in all at once.

Our room in the new building was clean, quiet and had the basic comforts. It was certainly nice not to have to walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke to get to our room.

The location... .well, it's Ely and the Jailhouse is kind of right smack dab in the middle of downtown.

I would like to see better snow removal in the parking lot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheDivineMissM_89801
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well kept up and fair prices, large rooms. Stake House popular with locals and decent food at fair prices. Poor WiFi away from main building, but usually can pick up one of the other hotels.
Small discount at breakfast in the cafe - good scones. Don't expect a large TV, but lots of channels.

Old photos throughout the main building worth examining. Also suggest visiting the Hotel Nevada across the street for their various exhibits - they do have some theme rooms on the upper floors if you wish to stay in something different.

Room Tip: Good parking for the rooms across from the main building - if you want non-smoking, be sure to speci...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 7711a
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The rooms are very clean & welcoming. Larger than excepted when you first walk in. Housekeeping brought more pillows when we asked for them. They showed me their nice pet rooms with all tile.
I ate at the steakhouse they have. And the cells with the tables is cool. The steak I had was really moist and tasted awesome. I would eat it again. The plate size is really good for the money.
The overall Casino has good appeal and friendly staff. I would visit again. The internet is located in all the rooms per wifi. It also would be a place I would take a family to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank redragonice
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Everything you want in a non-chain motel. I would call the room flawless with 2 exceptions. It would be nice if they'd spring for slightly bigger TVs, and the shower is not adjustable and tapers to a very narrow spray. Definitely on my list of keepers.

Room Tip: I've stayed in the rooms across the street. Don't know anything about the rooms adjacent to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jazzfan65
Reviewed July 6, 2012

If you're looking for a local, quaint, family hotel in Ely, this is the one. I have stayed here numerous times and the experience improves time & time again. The employees here aren't over pretentious but down to earth good folks that treat the customers like family. My last trip in June I was with my dog & we stayed in one of the recently re-decorated pet rooms with the tile floor. The room was spacious, very clean, no stains or smells or any obvious history that bad pets had been in the room before. The Cell Block Steak House has a cute atmosphere with the main dining tables in indvidual jail cells and the food is always delicious, especially the shrimp cocktail. I am always surprised at the freshness of the shrimp in such a small town in the desert! The portions at the Cell Block are always quite healthy so if you go, make sure you are very hungry! If you're looking for something smaller, there is the Garden Coffee Shop that has what I think is the absolute best chicken fried steak I've ever had.

Room Tip: Whether you have a pet or not, I suggest getting a pet room with the tile floors. Granted, they are...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo