“Great food”

Racks Bar and Grill
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Ely
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Looking for for a fun friendly place for a meal or drink! Racks is Ely's best choice for great food, ice cold beer and spirits. We offer a clean smoke-free environment in our bar and restaurant. Our decor consists of trophy mule deer mounts along with photos of our local hunting enthusiasts and area wildlife. We do allow smoking on our outdoor patio. Well mannered pets are welcome at our outdoor venue. Racks has free WI-fi, Hi-def TV's, Touch Tunes Juke Box, video poker and an outstanding staff to serve you. Make Racks Bar and Grill your first choice when dining out or out for a drink!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I love the outdoor seating. The atmosphere is lively and food is good. I had a great burger and the salads are very good.

1  Thank Sheryl T

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Racks is a pretty free swinging bar/restaurant that leans more towards the bar side aft 6pm. The service was great and the food pretty good overall. If you have kids though, get there early or they may learn a few social skills you may not want them to! But hey, it's a bar! They treated us well and ex would go back.

2  Thank PfeiffersOnTheGo
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Really good food with lots of garlic, a Basque tradition. Chorizo, big burgers, lots of homemade breads. Be ready to wait for service if its busy, this is definitely a bar first and a grill second. And be wary, grill closes at 8 (seriously? They should consider a late night menu for bar snacks). This is the place I go when my uncle and I want to sit down, grab a bite, get a couple drinks, and talk over a long two hour lunch. Though, purely personal, I hate the hunting motif.

3  Thank Erik J
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I ate on the patio behind he restaurant. Food and service were very good, and reasonably priced. It's a beer joint so the wine choices were very limited. But the one I had as fine. I had salmon, my wife had a salad. Both were good.

1  Thank Rick A
Reviewed July 2, 2014

After reading the reviews on TA we were looking forward to a juicy hamburger, a great salad and cold beer. Not. The hamburger patty was thin and dry (frozen?). The salad was ho-hum with mediocre bottled dressing. Beer was cold and good enjoyed on pleasant patio on a warm evening. Sad to say we can't agree with the other reviews that give this spot an "A" for effort. A little extra effort and it could be simply wonderful in a town sadly lacking.

2  Thank JENNIFER R