“What are the gloves for?”

Economy Drug and Soda Fountain
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Ely
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I went to have ice cream with my daughter and thankfully that was all. Watching the gal make sandwiches for other customers gave me nightmares thinking about what I didn't see. Sure she was wearing gloves but she was eating a cookie, brushing her hair back-WITH THE GLOVES!!! So, I am asking what is the point of wearing gloves? There were customers waiting and the servers were visiting with each other and didn't seem to be in any hurry to serve. I hope that I just caught them on a bad day because the place is really charming! I will try again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

what a hoot! Took us back to our youth...an old time soda fountain...milk shakes are amazing! Fun shopping, too...a definite must if you go to Ely, NV!!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Hot Fudge Sundae with nuts on top was yummy. We had a good laugh with the staff. Original soda fountain establishment - looks great. Definitely give it a try.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is an old fashion soda fountain with great service and good ice cream. It’s a toy store and lots more. If you have a craving for ice cream or a drink or simple lunch this is the place to go. The best part is this is the real thing, not a Disney recreation.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A real old fashioned soda fountain awaits you - I had the best hot fudge sundae and we all had a lime rickey - something I have not had since a kid. Fun place

Been to Economy Drug and Soda Fountain? Share your experiences!