“Food was fine, service was S L O W”

Silver State Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in Ely
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: phone 775.289.8866
Jerome, Idaho
“Food was fine, service was S L O W”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The restaurant was not that busy, and greeting/seating were fast. Got menus, gave our order, and waited, and waited and waited . . . I finally asked the server if our food was coming soon. They brought the scone and toast first, then the egg dishes, all of which were very good.

Visited June 2013

Shortsville, New York
“no redeeming qualities”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ate her on 6/14/13. Don't usually contribute reviews, but this place was so awful that I wanted to advise other who might make the mistake of stopping by here. 'Awful," not in the sense that they tried to have a quality restaurnat and failed, but "awful" in that I've rarely been anyplace with so little interest in customer satisfaction. First: Unless you're interested in burgers or fried food there's no reason to even slow down while driving by. I had the Pork Chop Dinner and it was probably more a comical than disappointing experence. Came with either salad bar or soup. The limp lettuce and petrified pinaple in the salad bar made the soup my choice. No "choice," however. All the had was (New England) clam chowder. it was all corn starch and salt- totally inedible. Dinner came with a potato and they were out of mashed potato(s) and (also) gravy, I ordered the baked potato. A good choice, as someone else in my party had the French fries and said they were as tasteless as any fries they'd ever had. Was supposed to come with vegetables, but they claimed to be TOTALLY out of vegetables. I actually bent their flimsy fork trying to cut my two pork chops. Dessert was supposed to be part of the "dinner." Three items were mentioned as choices. But; all they had was ice cream. And ONLY vanilla. Decor? An artist would be required to do LESS with acoustic tile and fluorescent lighting. Sterile. Bleak. Univiting. All more than it deserves. My waitress was totally stone faced (the few times I saw her). i really dreaded having to either lie or tell the truth when I payed my bill, anticipating that she would ask, "How was your meal." However; she was a silent and disinterested at the register as she was serving my meal. Finally: I looked at their breakfast items. The prices were what I would have expecred to pay at a hotel restaurant, not a free standing "family restaurant." My advice to to avoid this place even if everything else is closed.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michael K
Reno, Nevada
“good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

generous portions and good home cooking the way you like it. the local eat here and the staff is friendly

Visited May 2013
“Good basic locally owned”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We ate here for dinner and found a basic good American diner. The staff were very friendly. We had chicken fried steak and hamburger steak. (We like red meat). Reasonable prices. We really had a hard time finding a place to go if we didn't want to go to a casino, but were glad to find the Silver State.

Visited May 2013
Kwajalein
“Great staff, food ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch. Staff were all very friendly and attentive. Food was ok. Burgers looked pre-pattied and fries from a box or sack.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Silver State Restaurant? Share your experiences!