“Back In My Good Graces.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ely
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Ely
Oklahoma
“Back In My Good Graces.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had used LaQuinta almost exclusively when I traveled for business, because I had a little dog who went with and, at the time, LaQuinta was one of the only chain hotels that allowed dogs. When I started traveling leisurely I went back to them only to be disappointed. At that time they had bought up some older hotels that had been under different names. However even after remodeling and changing management they just weren't the same so I left them. In Ely, I found favorable reviews on TA and decided to give them another try. Thank goodness I was not disappointed and will now be considering other LaQuintas. Of course the older lady at the counter helped this good impression even as the younger one almost changed it back. But I will disregard the younger ones action and plan on more of the other lady's attention to customer service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
anchorage, ak
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were looking for a different hotel and came across the Laquinta in Ely. Glad we stopped. Room was spacious and pet friendly. They don't charge a pet fee like a majority of hotels. Room was clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the second building
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of driving, we were pleasantly surprised with our first stay in a La Quinta property. Clean, newer hotel located next to a grocery store. No signs of an excessive pet population or unusual odors as indicated in some of the reviews. Comfortable bed, standard breakfast fare, friendly staff. From what I could see, the best option in a small town like Ely.

• Stayed May 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is nothing special. It is a mirror of every other La Quinta in America. The location is in the middle of the 5 buildings that is the city of Ely. It is right next to the Ramada if you want to do some gambling. There is a nice small-town cafe down the street and a couple of shops. It is also not too far from the towns main attractions, the Northern Nevada Railway Museum. The heat worked well, as overnight the temperature got down to -20 °F. Andrew, the front desk clerk was the most helpful I've ever had, and could literally answer every question or concern I had. The room was clean and spacious and the bathroom was typical and it was a fine stay. I will return if I'm ever back in Ely.

• Stayed January 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel. We arrived later in evening, but were greeted pleasantly. Check-in was a breeze. We needed a place for a late supper and a place was recommended, which was fun and a great place. Breakfast was great. People at front desk were kind and helpful. Rooms were pleasant and the bed was soooo comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lantzville, BC
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel was newly constructed three years ago. I have stayed here at least three times. I find the hotel to be very good in almost all regards. Their breakfast is very good, biscuits and gravy, ham and cheese omelets, the standard other fare including waffles, fruit, cereal, etc. The rooms I've stayed in are really nice. The one last night had two queen beds, and a couch. Very roomy with a nice bathroom and extra sink. There's lots of Nevada landscape for the dogs to run around. The staff are very helpful and courteous. My only nit is with the check in. I needed to sign the standard dog disclaimer, initial several places and sign three times. I feel that's excessive for an elite member whose stayed there several times. Especially since it seems most of the other LQ's are not requiring so much.

Room Tip: The two queens give you a really big room. Ask for the main building since you'll need to key t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank johnfromlantzville
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Will stay with La Quinta Inn again, it had everything you needed for a Great Stay. Free Breakfast, eggs could have been better but the coffee was great. Large breakfast room, and friendly staff. We even brought out two dogs with us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family