“Unexpected awesome customer service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ely
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Ely
Bend, Oregon
“Unexpected awesome customer service”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Normally I would not rate a budget chain hotel with 5 dots, but one action by the front desk attendant during our stay a few months ago trumped all of our expectations for a chain hotel. We arrived late at night and expected to only stay for about 11 hours on our trip to the Grand Canyon from Central Oregon. My three kids saw that the pool was right across the hall from our first floor room and I am sure were dreaming about an early morning swim the next morning. Sure enough the kids were up at 8:15 in their swimsuits and holding towels for the short jaunt across the hall to the pool. But the pool access door would not open with our key. So I walked down the hall to the front desk to inquire. The attendant said, 'the pool does not open until 9:00...................but I have a secret.' She went in the back room and got a key to let us into the pool 45 minutes early. My kids were delighted!!! We only had about 30 minutes in the pool, then ate a quick breakfast and were off to the Grand Canyon. thanks for making an otherwise quick and forgettable, but comfortable stay an A-plus experience. The management is well trained! I just hope this does not get the front desk attendant in trouble!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Checked in for one night on our way home to California. Very nice hotel. Check in was fast and friendly. Fresh baked cookies were ready and waiting for us:) The room we were given was the best of our entire 9 day trip across the US. It was bigger than my own Master Suite at home! The entire hotel was clean and smelled new. I asked a staff member when it was built and was surprised when she replied over 2 years ago. I thought it was built within the last 3 months. She also said they take great pride in keeping the facility clean and presentable to its customers. We appreciated that. Would most definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed July 17, 2011

After driving across the state of Nevada on The Lonliest Road in America (Route 50), the La Quinta was a welcome site - very clean, pet friendly, nice breakfast,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kailua Kona, HI
Reviewed July 13, 2011

New and well maintained motel. Friendly and courteous staff. Rooms were clean and modern with tiled bath/shower. Breakfast bar was the usual breakfast fare and well maintained. When the hostess was not refilling the breakfast bar she was making sure the area remained clean.
Great full service grocery store next door.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Marana, Arizona
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Brand new great hotel and located next to the only grocery store in town.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Alameda, California
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We needed a clean, comfortable place to stay after a looooooooong day on the road, and this hotel fit the bill. The room was just what we wanted, and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was fine. If I come through Ely again I will definitely stay here again.

There was a glitch at check-in. I arrived at the check-in desk, and the very friendly young woman there was on the phone with a customer. When she finished the call, the phone immediately rang again. I think she should have answered it and told the caller she was with a customer, but instead she chose to handle the caller. The person who called had some complaint that the woman was not able to handle, but she still tried to help them. This took several minutes. Then, when she took my name, somehow someone else had checked in with my reservation. At first, she said she would put me in a room with a king bed and a sofa bed (I had reserved two queens two months earlier). Then she said it would be a rollaway. I insisted that I reserved a room with two regular beds for the two adults in our party (my teenage son is taller than I am), and she somehow found another available room with the two queens. Everything turned out fine, and I commend the young woman for her politeness, but that made my rating a "4" instead of a "5" for this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Soutahhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ely, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and your business. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the feedback on our front desk employees. We will discuss this review with our employees and incorporate it into our regular training.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jace Burgess
Guest Relations Manager
Ely Laquinta
Tiburon, California, USA
Reviewed July 2, 2011

In a big city this room would cost 2-3 times as much. Big immaculate rooms nicely appointed. My only criticism is the air con. It works very well but is very loud. We had to choose between a warm stuffy but quiet room or a very cool but noisy room. Quiet air con would make this place first class

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and your business. We will look into adjusting our air conditioning so we can provide a cool and quieter room in the future.
We look forward to seeing you again at the Ely La Quinta