“Very Pleased With the Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Happy Garden

Happy Garden
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Ely
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
USA
“Very Pleased With the Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Chinese food in small towns is usually not very good. I was pleasantly surprised with the food at Happy Garden. A friend and I visited on a Sunday night. The place was full. The take out business was also booming, which made the service a bit slow. No problem as the Tsingtao beers were cold and tasted great. Our food arrived well into the second beer each. We had sizzling rice soup which was tasty. We also had Hunan Pork which was surprisingly good. (Not usually on the menu at Chinese/American restaurants). My friend had a chicken dish that was also good.
If it wasn't our last night in Ely, we would have gone back again.
I will go back on my next visit to Ely.

• Visited August 2012

Bainbridge Island
“Beer was the Highlight”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Well, after reading lots of favorable reviews of the Happy Garden, and given our daughter's love of Chinese food, we stopped here for lunch while passing through Ely. The two chicken dishes we ordered - Chicken and Brocolli and Teriyaki Chicken - were both marginal - bland and salty. The egg drop soup that accompanied the lunch was inelible, though the Spring Roll was OK. The Mongolian Beef that my spouse ordered was pretty good. And the Tsinghua beer was great, but not enough to get me to go back. And since I live 900 miles away, it shouldn't be an issue.

• Visited July 2012
Reno, Nevada
“great chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

next to the jailhouse casino very clean and reasonable menu staff friendly wide variety of chinese dishes

Visited June 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“simple pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

had luch here one day simple chinese american food but fresh not frozen reheat style as in most chinese places, very good and and flavorfull, very quiet and freindly service

Visited May 2012
slc,utah
“not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

we just returned from happy garden and left 3/4 of our plate full of uneaten food. My husband ordered beef and broccoli that was sooo salty and the beef tasted ugh! I ordered shrimp in garlic sauce and the sauce was blah, no garlic. We had egg drop soup that had so much cornstarch in it that the broth was like a gel. I wouldn't eat there again. Try Twin Wok. They played Andy Williams and the Sound of Music.

• Visited October 2011