Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elko
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewscinnamon rollspancake machineyogurtfront desk staffthe breakfast areastay there againthe room was nicesalt lake cityhielobbyhixantlersnevadaihgstoptubfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I made the reservation on-line for this hotel. We arrived around 8 p.m. The check-in seemed to go smoothly. I reminded the lady at the desk that I had requested a roll-away bed for our son in the "special request" section and asked if it could be put in the room. She said that yes, she would take care of that, though our reservation didn't show that request in their system. (My reservation confirmation showed it). We went to dinner across the street (Pizza Barn--I'll write a review for that as well), figuring that would give time for them to set up the bed. When we got back to the hotel room, there was no bed and no message. I called down to the desk and they said that they do not have roll-away beds. Not that they don't have any available, but that the hotel has no roll-away beds. (I've never heard of this!) Instead, they have air mattresses. First I asked if we could switch to a 2 queen bed room, but they were booked. I finally agreed to the mattress (no more choices), but I didn't want to pay the extra $10 for the 3rd person. They agreed to those terms. The mattress leaked and was flat by morning. (And what are you supposed to do to inflate it? Blow it up with your mouth on heaven-knows-what-germs?) The air conditioning was either full on--making it freezing, or off-- making it too hot. Also, the a/c unit was positioned so that it blasted the air to the head-end of the bed. The carpet in the room was dirty around the edges. The rest looked pretty clean. The water pressure was good, the water very soft. Our room faced a truck parking lot, where the trucks start revving their engines at 6 a.m.

Breakfast came with the room. It wasn't anything special, but sufficient--some bagels, bread for toast, cereal, yogurt and beverage choices. No fresh fruit (except one banana).

The hotel staff was nice, but limited on what they could offer. Also, the hotel is understaffed. When we came back to the hotel at 9 p.m., there was only one staff member.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, stay clear of the side of the hotel that faces that truck lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rollin_along_Mom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The rooms were clean and quiet, and I felt that for the price we paid, it was a very good value. We've stayed at two or three other locations in Elko, but I'm recommend this Holiday Inn.

Breakfast is very filling.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stopped here on a road trip to Yellowstone in June. The hotel was in a good location just off of the main highway. No road noise, and spotlessly clean. Large rooms , a good breakfast, and on our departure we chatted to a very helpful older chap who was on the reception that morning. He was so knowledgeable about the history of the area. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again en-route to your destination.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We arrived at 3pm in 100 degree heat. The staff was friendly and helpful. They offered cold water and a snack, which was nice given the heat. The room was clean and spacious...it was everything we hope for in a hotel while on a road trip.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our group had three rooms, all different styles, (King, King Suite and 2 doubles) all of which were very clean. Nice upgraded linens, cold ac!! Our room was the King Suite and after 8 hours on the road with two kids, it was nice to check in to a large room with a kitchenette and a large tub!! The breakfast was good and the staff kept it well stocked. No pool, but you can use the "sister hotel" pool just down the street!! Life saver for two kids in Elko during the summer.

Very nice hotel, family friendly as I noticed several families in the lobby for breakfast, great lobby with ranch decor. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious. King and King Suites have the microwave and refrigerators.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family