“Heater Broke....”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elko
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Well the Hotel is sweet looking on the outside, and inside. There is a really cool western feel to it, and it works. But the staff seemed too me like they just wanted too sit at the front desk and socialize rather then help us with our calls too the desk. I brought my xbox too watch a couple movies on but didnt bring the outdated 3 color cord, you know the ones we used in the 90's? So when our heater broke I was looking for a room with a flat screen, even if it was a suite, The lady persnally said "We are so empty this weekend I'm sure we can find one for you." So after getting us out in the hall and her looking at a "bunch" of rooms that were suites...NONE of them had flat screens. Its like come on, what era are we in again? I also didnt end this stay on a good note, I left some jeans in the drawers and by the time I noticed it was a day after. I called the Hotel and "Lexie" told me they didn't find anything. Too bad I bet someone's family member is wearing my favorite jeans right now....

Room Tip: Make SURE you KNOW your room has a flat screen, They will not tell you otherwise. You'll get som...
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elko

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed here for a night on a long road trip across country. Arrived around midnight dazed from driving all day and was welcomed with a friendly smile (Lexie I think it was). She was very helpful, friendly, and professional.

While I'm writing this review I see that TripAdvisor ranks them the #1 hotel in Elko, NV - absolutely agree! Might be the best budget hotel I've ever stayed in. Clean rooms, friendly staff, continental breakfast, everything was well appointed in both room and lobby. You can tell they put a great deal of thought and care into running the place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Marcus G
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Very nice place to stay for business. Room are simple, but clean.
Quiet atmosphere. The breakfeast is ready at 5h00. Great value.
Easy to access from the highway.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin T
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed 1 night on our way to S.F. and we are glad we chose this hotel. Friendly staff. Nice clean rooms. Free wifi and free breakfast. Across from Albertsons, in case you need anything. Located close to the Highway. If you need to a place to stay in Elko this probably is your best hotel. I would gladly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andreas N
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The Holiday Inn staff was very friendly, and the room was clean. The kids liked the pancake machine.....

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MandMS82808
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed her for a week on business. And the staff was so friendly, The rooms were clean, fresh smelling and up to date modern. I would definitely stay here again. They offer free breakfast which consisted of eggs, bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, fruit, coffee etc. I traveled with a group for work and we had to leave at 3:30am and the staff actually put some breakfast out for us since we were gone before it usually started. They offer free internet in the rooms or you can use the one in the lobby and print if needed and no charge for that either. Lots of restaurants in the area, easy to get to from the highway - Def a place I would stay at again.

Room Tip: They have suites and king rooms, double rooms w/ 2 beds, and beds were very comfortable!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bmxmom38
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here while moving from Maryland to Nevada. We originally booked at the Comfort Inn in Elko, but when we called the Comfort Inn to ask if they had parking for our 26ft Uhaul (with a car in tow) they said absolutely not. We frantically called the other hotels in the area and the staff at the Holiday Inn Express were by far the most helpful. They told us about some street parking that was about 100 yards from the hotel. It turns out that when we got there the street parking was right beside the Comfort Inn and we literally had to walk right by the Comfort Inn to get to the Holiday Inn Express. I am so thankful for the helpful staff at the Holiday Inn Express and would gladly recommend this hotel if traveling through. The location is convenient and the hotel and staff are excellent. The value is also very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

As a side note, I have stayed in Comfort Inns approximately 30 days within the last year for work and am very disappointed in the customer service of the Comfort Inn in Elko.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family