“go somewhere else”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Salsbury Cove
“go somewhere else”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I booked this online, because they seemed reasonable and pet friendly.I had seen some of the other reviews for the same spot as well. When i arrived i found out it was 25$ extra per pet, and only one allowed if under 50 pounds. I travel with the two adult service dogs(german shepherds). there was no where to walk to the dogs, and i had to walk them along the hiway to a vacant lot down the street. there was NO real parking, and what was available werent for fullsize vehicles, maybe only 1/3 of rooms would have a sot to park.Rude front desk help, and high priced for what you get. room was ok, but i felt like i would have been better off up the street. Hadi not booked ahead and would have lost my money, i would have switched.cinder block walls, seedy seeming area,and no carpeting.that was odd.

Room Tip: choose another motel if you have pets
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed November 22, 2013

so recently remodeled that they hadn't even finished hanging up one of the mirrors and a cabinet in my room. My deadbolt didn't work and neither did the phone, but the cleanliness of the room and friendlyness of the owner made up for both. Besides, who uses a land line except to call the front desk. The price is reasonable and includes continental breakfast.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed October 16, 2013

in March we spent the night at the Rodeway Inn. Check in was quick and friendly. The owners live on site. This well cared for older motel had adequate parking, a short walk to your room, and was very quiet. We had a room with 3 queen beds (right bottom corner) and did not hear any noise. The room was clean. Breakfast consisted of cold cereal, fresh fruit,. pastries, juice and milk. You loaded up a tray and enjoyed breakfast in your room. There is nothing fancy, but nothing amiss.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and value of the room (Room 109). It is any older facility in "old town" Elko, but renovated and kept up well. It's close to great dining (The Star Restaurant) and the Commercial Hotel with the big white record bear.

Room Tip: Staff is readily available, cooperative, and friendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittstown, New Jersey
Reviewed August 4, 2013

You never know what you're going to find when you book a motel online. I decided to try the Roadway Inn even though some of the reviews weren't very good. I was checked in by a nice young lady who was friendly and helpful and answered all my questions. When I got to the room, I was pleasantly surprised to find it to be very clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable and the large bathroom was also clean. By evening time the parking lot was filling up with company trucks and there were a lot of workmen going to their rooms. I was concerned that it might get rowdy, but by 9:00 I didn't hear a sound from them. I think the manager runs a tight ship and keeps things quiet for the other guests. If I am ever in Elko again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Roadway Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wingleader09
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I rolled into town at ten thirty and the clerk was there and ready to check me in. He gave me a room right next to where I had already parked which was convenient. Although it was dated, it was a good motel for the price. I will definitely stay again when passing through.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Auburn, California
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were on a 3000 mile road trip and needed a quick sleep and go. Our friends got a downstairs room, we got the upstairs room.
Their Room: an alarm clock, coffee maker, clean
Our Room: no clock, no coffee maker, the bathroom had not been cleaned. And I DO NOT want to go into the blanket on the bed, it was DISGUSTING!!!
The next morning the continental breakfast was beyond bad and they ran out of coffee and they looked completely ticked off when we asked for some to get made, thank goodness we found a McDonalds.
We got what we paid for, We will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple