“Clean but old!”

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Auburn, California
“Clean but old!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Great place for the price. Very old and dated. Got 2 rooms, one had nice amenities while the other had nothing. Same price for both, go figure. Oh well, bed was comfortable and it was only 1 night. Room was clean.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Redding, California
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We found this Inn to have courteous and friendly service. The rooms are large with microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers. The electrical system is 'two prong' and an 'adapter' may be useful. Beds are comfortable; yet, some rooms (we stayed twice) have 'wafer thin pillows'. Some have two sinks; one in an alcove. There is seating and a table in each room with king bed. There was a couch in one room with two queens. plumbing is older but working reasonably well, Wifi works well. The location is between the older casinos to the west and the newer casinos to the East. The town is retro and a wee bit 'worn out.' There are 'nicer' places for the less budget minded. The breakfast was 'spartan' banana bread; oatmeal; muffins and fruit. Coolers were a little noisy. Managers were hard worker and personable. Stockmans Casino restaurant had good food at fair prices; yet, also dated.

Room Tip: Upper floor seemed more quiet; yet, lower worked fine. Bring fluffy pillows. Walk to Casinos is sugg...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lippylemurian
Langley, Washington
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was our first stay at the Roadway Inn in Elko. We tried a few other places over the last 15 or so years and this is certainly a repeater. The location near to downtown Elko is good. The establishment is locally owned and managed, a plus for us. It is well kept. The breakfast is modest, fresh and adequate. We appreciated the free WiFi. The rooms were clean and amply sized.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
St. George, Utah
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed 2 different nights, coming and going on my trip. The first night I stayed, I was a little concerned that the door wasn't as secure as I would have liked, but the room was very clean. The second night I stayed, the door was much better. Being that this motel is downtown, it is a little noisy, but all in all it is a good place to stay and I will do it again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Clean, warm and good breakfast. Owner is very friendly and helpful-- same owner for last 30+ years. Room was nice! Downtown location makes it easy to grab dinner out. Very affordable. Hot showers and good water pressure!

• Stayed January 2013
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed December 17, 2012

my daughter and i were traveling from arcata ca to loveland co to bring her home for winter break from humboldt state university....we picked rodeway for the price but were amazed at how nice big and clean it was....
while in ca my vehicle was broken into and one of the things taken was my phone charger...upon checking out i asked barry the manager where i could find a radio shack....i explained my situation so he pulled out a box full of chargers and misc. stuff left behind...we searched thru it and found the right charger and he just gave it to me....WONDERFUL....highly recommend them....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was dreading staying there but we were traveling w/ a dog & Hilton charges a high non-refundable "deposit" for pets. I was booking a couple of days before and could not find anything else. The price was okay although I do not like the charge for a dog. If I was traveling w/ a child I would not had to pay extra and my dog is my child. lol
The motel is old and shows. The room appeared to be clean and no odor. I am sensitive to smells and did not have a problem in that room. I definitely could not smell another animal. The A/C work well in fact too good for me but my husband likes it cold and the temperature outside was around 100 degress.
The office personnel were personable. They performed their job well but I did not feel a friendliness. They actually were not very talkative although that is not a bad thing...just a comment. Usually see more talkative in the hospitality business.
I would stay there again hopefully with the same results.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family