“Renewed hope in Elko”

Red Lion Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed July 8, 2010

This hotel has renewed my hopes of finding a good place to stay in Nevada. I have traveled through Nevada many times and more often than not have had really bad hotel experiences. But this hotel has changed my opinion. If staying in Elko, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ruthmfl

Reviewed May 21, 2010

Good place to stay. Nice rooms! Casino itself is not fancy, but overall it's clean and cheap. We had a blast at the sports bar and our little balcony was good to get some air. That said, the AC didn't seem to work. If we didn't have the sliding door, we would have roasted! The gift shop was cute, but way overpriced. Breakfast was good, but the staff that served dinner seemed unhappy to be there. The Keno lady was a hoot and made up for it!

1  Thank crissyron121
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Stayed here one night mid-April...small casino attached was ok, room ok, front desk young man was nice...no breakfast included, went to on-site cafe, horrible service!‎

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Although the rooms are nice the hotel is extremely NOISY! The hotel has interior hallways and people coming and going from the casino were noisy and inconsiderate. Doors slamming all hours of the night and morning keep me awake. Although renting rooms to inconsiderate people is not the hotels fault but installing something on the doors to keep them from slamming shut would be a good idea.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank skifast69
Reviewed March 10, 2010

All in all a relatively nice place. It's starting to show it's age though. I stayed here years ago and it seemed nicer. The restaurant, Misty's has gone way downhill in the since I last ate there.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2010

My husband and I were just passing through Elko and decided to spend the night at the Red Lion. Check-in was quick and easy, however, it was 11:30 in the evening. Our room was gorgeous and clean with a very comfortable bed. I found out that they are not very handicap friendly. I recently had knee surgery and need to walk with a cane. There were not enough handicap parking spaces, therefore I needed to walk quite a way to enter the hotel. Our room was on the 3rd floor but the elevator was quite a distance from the front desk. Coming and going to the casino was quite a trip. I followed the signs many times to find the elevator and it was never in the direction indicated. I became very fatigued and in pain trying to find my way around. The casino was very nice and I found that the slots were pretty loose. We did not win any large amounts of money, but we did win enough to please us. We ate breakfast at the restaurant adjacent to the casino. The food was fairly good, but the coffee was awful. Fortunately, there's a Starbucks in the casino.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yodapug
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel I had a super late check-in thanks to some wonky flights and the night clerk was very nice and pleasant to me. My first floor room was super comfortable with nice pillows and a comforter, fridge and microwave, big TV, and even a small porch outside.

The hotel had many conveniences that you would not expect for a hotel in this price range. The one thing it didn't have was a business center, though they had some sort of "arrangement" with the hotel across the street which I didn't make use of.

This hotel was quiet and my back-facing room was perfect for sleeping in. Heating controls worked great, everything was clean and decent. The only downside was what others have said, the place is SMOKY. My room didn't smell much but the hallway always smelled of smoke [cigarette and other] and I was several halls away from the casino. I personally didn't have a problem with this, but it was noticeable and could be problematic for people.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jessamyn
Travelers also viewed these Elko hotels
Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino
Best Western Elko Inn
Ramada Elko Hotel and Casino
Hilton Garden Inn Elko
Hampton Inn by Hilton Elko Nevada
Ledgestone Hotel Elko

Been to Red Lion Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Lion Hotel & Casino

Address: 2065 Idaho St, Elko, NV 89801-2628
Location: United States > Nevada > Elko
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Family Hotel in Elko
#3 Romantic Hotel in Elko
#4 Business Hotel in Elko
Price Range: $90 - $125 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Red Lion Hotel & Casino 3*
Red Lion Hotel & Casino is Elko’s premier hotel and casino, offering comfortable accomodations, great amenities and endless entertainment. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, we’ll make you feel right at home. Elko’s Red Lion Hotel & Casino features the finest accommodations available in northeastern Nevada. Enjoy plush, pillow-top beds, contemporary furnishings, wireless internet and more in our inviting guest rooms. We also have a fitness center, gift shop, seasonal pool and business center, so you have everything you need under one roof. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Lion Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Lion Hotel And Casino