“Great, Clean, Comfortable”

Red Lion Hotel & Casino
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Elko
“Great, Clean, Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Red Lyon in 2012 and again in 2014. We have always experienced a very pleasant environment with wonderful staff. The food was excellent and service was great. Our room was very comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 109, great location to the casino and restaurants.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidZornes_CEO, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We're so glad that you and your wife returned to visit us again, Rick! We very much appreciate your loyalty. Wonderful to hear that we did things right for you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Elko.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Turlock, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I took my Dad on a road trip and needed special room considerations, the staff cheerfully honored my request. Room rates were reasonable. Rooms were large, quiet, clean, and not smoky. Our stay was so comfortable our first night out, we stayed again on our return. The second stay was again just as we needed and very accommodating. Easy to find and get on and off Interstate 80. Very happy with our stay at the Red Lion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Happy to see you and your Dad were able to relax with us, Janet. I'm thrilled we gave you such a good impression that you came again on your way back. Looking forward to your next trip -- you know where we'll be!

All the best,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Friendly staff, nice room, good accessibility. I booked via Priceline and called ahead for confirmation. Rebecca was very accommodating. We were travelling with dogs, the hotel was pet friendly and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Many thanks, Corinne! I hope you'll be visiting us again very soon. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Maui Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I just took a road trip and this is one of the hotels we stayed, not only was it very reasonable , we were very happy with the room, very clean, front desk clerks were very friendly. The only negative is the hallways were smoky, however ALL casinos are smoky, The room was NOT. Very happy with our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
I'm so glad you were happy with your stay, and we'd love to welcome you back again. Thanks for your feedback, and we'll do our best to perfect your visit next time around!

Fremont, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,640 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here for a night. Their King Size room was very nice and the bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was nice. I had a first floor room close to the casino side so it made it easy to walk to the casino and play (and I did win a little bit which of course makes any stay nice.) The casino area is of moderate size but still had a variety of slots to play

Staff is friendly and attentive. Food was good at the restaurants and there is a Starbuck's on site as well. Breakfast was huge (ordered pancake sandwich and I could not even finish 1/2).

With a club card, price/value ratio was very nice - good price; lots of nice things to say about the Red Lion in Elko. As some have said, its a "gem" and close to shopping across the street as well as close to highway 80 freeway access as well.

Parking was easy when I arrived mid afternoon. After an early evening drive to nearby spectacular Lamouille Canyon, I found many people at the hotel but I could still find a parking spot. Even with a lot of people staying there, I still got a nice and quiet night's sleep.

There was a refrigerator and microwave as well in my room.

Swimming pool seasonal on site; there is a small store with some interesting things to buy as wel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
DavidZornes_CEO, NAV-Elko CEO at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel & casino! It is clear that you are a discriminating traveler because you talked about so many features of our hotel and highlighted our amenities so nicely. It is nice to count you as another loyal guest and we very much look forward to your return visit!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed twice at this hotel on the way to and from CA. We were really worried about finding a place where we and our dogs would be comfortable. This is the place! They were even able to keep us on the ground floor!

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I'm so glad you and your dogs were comfortable here, and I truly appreciate your wonderful feedback. We'd love to host you again soon!

Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I am one of Red Lion's R&R members, so I like to stay at the Red Lion when I travel if possible. This property is also a casino. It has evening entertainment, a couple of bars, table games, a poker room, and of course, many hundreds of gambling machines. Enough of the gambling rhetoric... The room was extra spacious, clean, and had a beautiful bathroom. There are two granite sinks, one with the toilet and shower, the other just outside the bathroom door. The hotel has 2 restaurants, the coffee shop open 24 hours. We only ate at the coffee shop. If you get breakfast included, it is almost like getting your room for free. Included was breakfast for 4 of us, including drinks, breakfast steaks, crab omelets, and all the trimmings. We were there for Saturday nite, and the coffee shop has a prime rib buffet for around $18 per person that was excellent. We all had a wonderful time in Elko Redding.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I'm so happy to hear that you're such a fan of our property, John. Many thanks for this outstanding review, and your recommendation. I hope we can continue to welcome you whenever you happen to be in Elko!