“Best hotel experience”

Red Lion Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The family suite that we stayed in was awesome! We had plenty of room for our family and our pets. Everything was clean and having two sinks for five people was great. The best part was a king sized bed in a room to ourselves for my husband and I.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

I'm so glad you opted to stay with us, Kristine, and that you and your family were so comfortable in your suite. Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review, and we'd love to welcome you again someday! Please keep us in mind, and many thanks for your recommendation.

Best,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Upscale furnishings and décor, very comfortable beds, friendly service. The casino is classy and has an excellent restaurant. Hotel is attached to the casino, but you can park near your room and access the hotel wing separately, and never enter the casino if you don't want to. I'd never stay anywhere else in Elko.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the back side away from the main street. Some rooms have a king bed, some hav...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Your loyalty is invaluable to us, Laura, and I'm so grateful to you for your support. It's always a pleasure welcoming you, and many thanks for sharing this outstanding review. I hope we'll be seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very nice rooms. ...ask for a room close to the casino because I had the first floor far end....and I mean far end! I would stay again. The band was great listened into the nite with our friends. The food for lunch and breakfast was great..but pricy for a casino.

• Stayed: June 2014

I'm so glad you and your friends had such an enjoyable stay with us, Robert. Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience, and I truly hope you plan to return to us soon! We'll keep working hard to show you a great time and serve you delicious meals.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Recently on a cross-country move my moving truck broke down just as we were trying to park at this hotel for the night. Within moments, hotel staff were assisting us to get our luggage, pets and child to our room. They helped secure our vehicle and coordinated with the truck rental company to repair the vehicle as we slept. They anticipated our needs and were offering helpful solutions before I even knew what help to ask for. These people showed us kindness and compassion during a very difficult situation which made all the difference to us. This went beyond great customer service, these are just great people. In addition, the room was large, clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Food was excellent and my son had a wonderful time at the arcade. I can't say enough good things! Thanks again Red Lion!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

This is so heartwarming to read, and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share it. It was our pleasure coming to the aid of you and your family, and we're so glad you were able to relax and have a comfortable stay. We know how difficult traveling can be! Please keep us in mind for the future -- we hope to welcome you back again someday!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I usually stay here when traveling through for business. Over the years it is consistently a comfortable place to stay. The restaurant is a good value & the rooms are up-to-date and very comfortable. The staff is always very friendly as well.

• Stayed: May 2014
DavidZornes_CEO, Other at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thanks for the great feedback, and I'm so happy to hear you've been comfortable here during your stays. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's something specific we can do to earn back a star or two -- we'd love to perfect your next visit!

Best,

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in a few different hotels in the area and this is by far the best place in Elko I have stayed... The staff is very friendly and helpful... They have two restaurants and a Starbucks. I definitely will be back...

• Stayed: May 2014
DavidZornes_CEO, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you Shelley for writing such a nice review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed our having a Starbucks in the casino as well as our other eating establishments. We very much look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The comforter on the bed had stains on it, which is common since most hotels do not wash the comforters on a regular basis. Should have been checked more thoroughly by housekeeping. Also, the bed skirt had LOTS of stains on it, looks like something sticky. Didn't want to touch it to find out. Otherwise the carpets and bathroom were clean. Staff was ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We are sorry that we missed the comforter and bed skirts. I assure you they have been laundered since your departure! Thank you for letting me know. Glad that your stay was otherwise enjoyed. Again, my sincere apologies.