“Home away from home”

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
“Home away from home”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed in 3 different hotels while working in Elko. I finally decided to stop in and inquire about their weekly rates since I knew I'd be in town awhile. SO glad i did, it was less than half of the other places I had been staying in, and with all the same amenities except a pool. Which didn't matter to me anyway! Bottom line i lived here for a month and let me tell you from my experience you will NOT find above average accommodations at their price anywhere in ELko. It's a mining town which equals EXPENSIVE!!! It seems I will be returning to Elko again for work so there's no way I'll be staying anywhere else but here! The only thing that kinda sucked was having to walk next door to wash cloths. However, that's just my personal annoyance not any real reason to not stay here, just a heads up that you will need to walk next door to wash your things. Can't comment on their pet polices and that, since I had no pets. I was up and gone before breakfast was served so can't comment on that either. Oh...here is what I liked the best after working 14 hours a day all week and you finally get a day off it's nice to sleep in undisturbed right? Well I was never disturbed when I hung up the do not disturb sign, which I was very grateful, cause I'm the type that once I am up I am up. So in closing if your looking for a great stay at a GREAT price in an EXPENSIVE town, trust me stop in here 1st then go asking around town, bet ya a beer you'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank David_2510
923_Spokane, General Manager at Elko NV Travelodge, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
David_2510

Let me know when you’re coming back so I can make sure I’ve got your room!

We are very proud of our long term rates, as well as the great people we get to meet here in Elko! I wish we had guest laundry facilities at Travelodge too, but when they build the building they just didn’t put them in; luckily Super 8 is 20 feet away.

See you soon!!

Sincerely Yours,
Travelodge – Elko, Nevada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The room was a joke, look at the picture. Despite all the NO SMOKING signs posted in the hallways and on every room door and in your room, the entire place smelled of smoke. We booked our room for $59 and paid a $10 dog fee through Hotels.com. You have to do it through the website or phone because they won't match the price in person. Other hotels in Elko charged $15 - $100 per night for a dog (seriously- $100!!) so we went with the obvious. We were just passing through on a road trip for a few hours to crash anyway.

Pros:
Cheap
Just off I-80
Accepts dogs ($10)

Cons:
Uncomfortable bed
Reeked of Smoke
Tiny bathroom
Poor TV reception
Heat/Cooling didn't work right
Hardly any outdoor space to walk a dog
Forget about the free breakfast
Did I mention Smelled of Smoke

Room Tip: Use this place to crash for the night and nothing more. Good for Smokers because it reeks of smoke...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ASebrell
Asebrell,

Thank you for proving a picture of the room you stayed in. As you can tell Travelodge is upgrading the room, starting with the bed package. We have only a few rooms left to upgrade the actual beds in, and I am sorry that you felt the bed in your room was uncomfortable.

We have two completely non-smoking floors as well as a third floor with some smoking rooms, we adhere to our strict no smoking policy in our non-smoking rooms, as I am sure read when you registered (referring to the $350 fee for violating our non-smoking policy).

I am glad that you liked our $10 pet rate, I know that when traveling that can become expensive, depending on with brand you stay. However I apologize that your pet did not enjoy the large grass front lawn in front of Travelodge or the entire lot we have in front of Super 8.

I hope that you consider staying with us again, in the future.

Sincerely Yours,
Travelodge – Elko, Nevada

Travelers are raving about these Elko hotels

WEST JORDAN
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The trip started terribly when the desk gave our room to another person and they woke us up at 10:50 pm with a phone call AND someone coming into the room. This was not pleasant and the staff should have noted which room we were staying in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank MARY L
923_Spokane, General Manager at Elko NV Travelodge, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Mary L.,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us during your trip to Elko Nevada. I am sorry to hear we could have done better and apologize for the error at our front office. I am sure the mistake was caught at the last minute, thus the phone call to correct the situation. We did not mean to awaken you and would never have done so otherwise.

May I ask you please to contact me in person for your visit so that I may see to your reservations personally and to again welcome you to our property.

I will be looking forward,

Travelodge Elko Nevada
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is a good hotel if you need a descent cheap place to sleep. The room was dated, the bed was ok, and the bathroom was good.
My biggest complaint is the Wi-Fi. I was on the third floor and did not have a strong connection and lost the connection a few times.
A big plus is the staff. I was dead tired when I checked in; I had been up for 18 hours, six hours driving and ten hours working. The front desk receptionist was polite, patient and very helpful.
Also this Travelodge is next to a Super 8 and I believe the staff rotates in and out of each location because I have stayed at both and seen the same staff.

Room Tip: The Wi-Fi was weak on the third floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Wes S
923_Spokane, General Manager at Elko NV Travelodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Wes S.,

I am glad to know you stay with us when your in Elko Nevada.

We appreciate your kind words as our staff works very hard to insure excellent guest satisfaction. Please know I will look into what available means we have to improve our Wi-Fi band strength on the 3rd floor to insure your next visit with us is even better.

Thank you for being our guest.

Travelodge Elko Nevada