“Rock hard bed & not all that clean”
Review of Elko NV Travelodge

Elko NV Travelodge
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Asotin, WA
“Rock hard bed & not all that clean”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I travel extensively and while this hotel is not as bad as some it's definetly not a hotel that cares about the comfort of it's guests. The place reeks of cigarette smoke, the beds have the cheapest mattress on it possible and they are rock hard with high and low spots in them. Their is a recliner in the room which would be great except that it's so broken down and dirty I'm afraid to sit in it. The chair actually wobbles back and forth when you sit down on it.

If you are looking for a bare bones cheap room, which is what Priceline offered my company, well this is it! YUCK! OHHHH..........need to do laundry? You are directed to walk accross to the neighboring hotel and do it there!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ElkoGM, General Manager at Elko NV Travelodge, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear TwistedToyLady,

Our goal is to meet your comfort needs and we are working toward that goal. Each day our property improves, like the new ice machine, exterior flowers and landscaping, or even the new pillows and pillow cases we have now in every room. All of these changes take time and money, but we remain dedicated to making the upgrades needed to insure a great stay.

I am sorry this was not the case, however please know we are removing the recliner and will replace each desk chair with the new metal ergonomic chairs which recline and make the room more modern and comfortable.

We hope you will consider us again in the future, or atleast stop by and see the upgrades we are making. Thank you for your comments and concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 4, 2011

friendly service. good for the price. i would come back. it was a bargain. friendly service. good for the price. i would come back. it was a bargain.friendly service. good for the price. i would come back. it was a bargain.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Aptos, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here twice for one night each on a cross country road trip. I almost cancelled our second stay but decided not too because I was too tired to look for another place.

This is very basic and for the price, it is ok. There were no bed bugs but I didn't feel very secure because the side door was very easy for anyone to get into since it stuck in the unlocked position every time we used it.

I am not used to smoking and we could smell it even in our nonsmoking room. The staff during the first visit was excellent, and good the second time.

If you need a cheap place to stay, this will do.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lifelearners
ElkoGM, General Manager at Elko NV Travelodge, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know the overall comments made in your review reflect well for our hotel. I am sorry to hear however that you would not choose us again, and felt unsafe due to exit doors not closing. Our entry doors do require a guest electronic key which are programmed no more than a guest stay. Also our 24 hour staff is walking the property, and we require full Identification from all guests. The smoking issue is being addressed as we are moving these to a single floor in the future. Thank you again for your comments, we will try harder I assure you.
Dayton
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I called in advance to change our reservation from smoking to non-smoking...an error on my part when I booked. Glad I did, we got non-smoking and also found out there is no elevator and non-smoking is main floor so it worked out great. Thank you for our location. We found the front desk friendly and efficient. Our room was basic and clean. The price made this a bargain, we needed two rooms and the price made that very affordable...thank you!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Rooms have the basics (plus frig & microwave), bed uncomfortable & rude staff, not just the night guy, but the morning guy as well. Charges $10 per dog.

• Stayed July 2011
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed at the Travelodge for the Elko Mining Expo. It was a terrible old, dirty room with a noisy airconditioner. I was on the Idaho Street side facing south so I had the road noise all night.

The room was 1970's old. Rock hard bed, old used blankets, rough towells, the TV was so big that is tuck off the TV stand and I had to WALK AROUND it in my tiny little room.

There are better hotels in Elko. Hilton Garden Inn, etc. If your booking a room in Elko pay the extra money and stay at a nicer place. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ElkoGM, General Manager at Elko NV Travelodge, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Lorider,

Thank you for coming to Elko and for attending the Mining Convention. It was a great event. I will not make any efforts other than to say, we are re-working our Tiny Rooms in to a better diagram, allowing for better workspace etc...

We have to date purchsed over 20 new flat screens, and everytime one of those HUGE Old TV's bites the dust, we all sing and dance knowing another flat screen comes in. The decor is being upgraded with new drapes and bedspreads. We just purchsed 76 new Coffee Makers and five new refrig/microwaves.

And new mattresses are now being ordered but a truck load. Even though you can pay more for a hotel room, do me a favor, and try calling us again next year first, ask for a photo, and lets try this again.

When you come to Elko, when you attend the may events our community offers, and we support, your comments are important, and our efforts will continue. Unless you want to spend more money that is?

Sincerely

August Wallis
Travelodge Elko Nevada
cc: Corp Office

Travelers are raving about these Elko hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I'm not going to lie, this hotel was a steal at under $50 so I didn't have really high expectations. It did it's job as a place to lay my head but it was the kind of place where I didn't want to touch anything. Really this hotel suffers from lack of basic upkeep. In my room alone there were three burnt out light bulbs and the bathroom fan was so loud the people the next room over pounded on my wall until I turned it off. The staff at the front desk were exceptional though, very helpful and friendly throughout my stay. Until the place gets a bit of a spruce I'd lover the rating on this hotel to a 1 star.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Scoutgirl,

Our online price is set for a very competitive market. This being said, price is only good if value is achieved. I feel like we should have done better for you. Please know that within thirty days, the following will occur; A) All new energy bulbs, 100 Watt, every lamp, with four 40Watt above Vanity.
(I was trying to use up the old incandescing bulbs to be environmental conscious, not working so well)
B) Every guest room bathroom fan will be inspected, cleaned and listened to. I will encourage our housekeeping staff with a reward to find the bathroom fan.
And C) We will purchase new pillows, blankets and lamps, maids cleaning carts, new vacuums and linen carts…

We will impress you.

Please consider us again, and know I am thankful for your comments and will work harder.

August Wallis