“Probably won't stay here again”
Review of Elko NV Travelodge

Elko NV Travelodge
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here twice for one night each on a cross country road trip. I almost cancelled our second stay but decided not too because I was too tired to look for another place.

This is very basic and for the price, it is ok. There were no bed bugs but I didn't feel very secure because the side door was very easy for anyone to get into since it stuck in the unlocked position every time we used it.

I am not used to smoking and we could smell it even in our nonsmoking room. The staff during the first visit was excellent, and good the second time.

If you need a cheap place to stay, this will do.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lifelearners
ElkoGM, General Manager at Elko NV Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know the overall comments made in your review reflect well for our hotel. I am sorry to hear however that you would not choose us again, and felt unsafe due to exit doors not closing. Our entry doors do require a guest electronic key which are programmed no more than a guest stay. Also our 24 hour staff is walking the property, and we require full Identification from all guests. The smoking issue is being addressed as we are moving these to a single floor in the future. Thank you again for your comments, we will try harder I assure you.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I called in advance to change our reservation from smoking to non-smoking...an error on my part when I booked. Glad I did, we got non-smoking and also found out there is no elevator and non-smoking is main floor so it worked out great. Thank you for our location. We found the front desk friendly and efficient. Our room was basic and clean. The price made this a bargain, we needed two rooms and the price made that very affordable...thank you!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Rooms have the basics (plus frig & microwave), bed uncomfortable & rude staff, not just the night guy, but the morning guy as well. Charges $10 per dog.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed at the Travelodge for the Elko Mining Expo. It was a terrible old, dirty room with a noisy airconditioner. I was on the Idaho Street side facing south so I had the road noise all night.

The room was 1970's old. Rock hard bed, old used blankets, rough towells, the TV was so big that is tuck off the TV stand and I had to WALK AROUND it in my tiny little room.

There are better hotels in Elko. Hilton Garden Inn, etc. If your booking a room in Elko pay the extra money and stay at a nicer place. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
ElkoGM, General Manager at Elko NV Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Dear Lorider,

Thank you for coming to Elko and for attending the Mining Convention. It was a great event. I will not make any efforts other than to say, we are re-working our Tiny Rooms in to a better diagram, allowing for better workspace etc...

We have to date purchsed over 20 new flat screens, and everytime one of those HUGE Old TV's bites the dust, we all sing and dance knowing another flat screen comes in. The decor is being upgraded with new drapes and bedspreads. We just purchsed 76 new Coffee Makers and five new refrig/microwaves.

And new mattresses are now being ordered but a truck load. Even though you can pay more for a hotel room, do me a favor, and try calling us again next year first, ask for a photo, and lets try this again.

When you come to Elko, when you attend the may events our community offers, and we support, your comments are important, and our efforts will continue. Unless you want to spend more money that is?

Sincerely

cc: Corp Office

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I'm not going to lie, this hotel was a steal at under $50 so I didn't have really high expectations. It did it's job as a place to lay my head but it was the kind of place where I didn't want to touch anything. Really this hotel suffers from lack of basic upkeep. In my room alone there were three burnt out light bulbs and the bathroom fan was so loud the people the next room over pounded on my wall until I turned it off. The staff at the front desk were exceptional though, very helpful and friendly throughout my stay. Until the place gets a bit of a spruce I'd lover the rating on this hotel to a 1 star.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear Scoutgirl,

Our online price is set for a very competitive market. This being said, price is only good if value is achieved. I feel like we should have done better for you. Please know that within thirty days, the following will occur; A) All new energy bulbs, 100 Watt, every lamp, with four 40Watt above Vanity.
(I was trying to use up the old incandescing bulbs to be environmental conscious, not working so well)
B) Every guest room bathroom fan will be inspected, cleaned and listened to. I will encourage our housekeeping staff with a reward to find the bathroom fan.
And C) We will purchase new pillows, blankets and lamps, maids cleaning carts, new vacuums and linen carts…

We will impress you.

Please consider us again, and know I am thankful for your comments and will work harder.

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Had a great night's sleep here. The room was clean and the staff were really helpful and courteous. There wasn't initially any soap in our bathroom but after asking they gave us some. We were on the third floor which was a pain as there was no elevator and we had alot of luggage, but at least it was a good workout :) We were in a non smoking room but the hallway seemed to smell alot like smoke. Also in the stairway there was a really bad eggy type smell so if you don't like odors then maybe choose somewhere else or get first floor?! Breakfast was simple and free which made us happy plus there was quite an array of selection too.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Louiseper,

I am so glad you slept well and were pleased with our breakfast. I will not argue having a three story hotel without an elevator is very difficult at best. We are working toward making each room in our operation new and modern. In doing so, we will decrease the number and the position of our smoking guest rooms. But after reading your review, each time I go up the stairs, I smell for egg or odors, and in being honest, I can’t smell it. However, to be safe-we have just purchased a new top of the line carpet shampooer and are changing our public area air canisters.

Whatever it was or is, we will find it, clean it, comfort it, or replace it… (Just wish “It”... was an elevator) Thanks for being a Trooper and for being such a nice guest.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

My stay here was great the rooms were always clean and the staff very friendly and courteous.They make you feel welcome and at home.I would highly recommend this place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Fredyb99,

Our goal is to provide a safe, clean and a comfortable surrounding. The safe aspect has been accomplished with new fire equipment & training. The clean remains due our staff's endless efforts, and soon the comfort will be completed as well.

Today we are taking down the awnings out front, repairing/replacing rain gutters, correcting exterior lighting and our new Hotel Gardener "Priscilla" is going to town on the flower beds...new plants, vases and even a five foot Tara Cotta Greek urn now grace our landscaping.

We are very thankful to add new items each day in our efforts to provide a nice and comfortable hotel. However with out our guests knowing our service is genuine; these mean nothing.

With Gratitude and appreciation, we look forward to your return.