“Was there for only one night, but I wish...”

Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Was there for only one night, but I wish I had that all over the US. Absolutly nice and very, very clean room. Good food for fair prices and all staff is extraordinary. I didn't use the pool, I was too tired, but is was still open looked fine.

1  Thank chchris
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino

Reviewed April 15, 2010

This used to be the Best Western Gold Country Motor Inn, and I stayed there a number of times in the '00s while driving on I-80. It was very friendly, well-kept, and had nice rooms. Then it dropped the Best Western affiliation, becoming just the Gold Country Inn, and standards declined. Now it is called America's Best Value Inn (check other sites), which is a low-end budget hotel chain, and the property has declined further. My latest stay will be my last. The room did not appear to have been refurbished since the early '00s, worn carpet, and everything smelled of smoke, especially the lobby area which is smokier than any casino in Reno or Vegas. Whew. The desk and housekeeping people are nice, but it's under new management, which appears to have lower standards than the previous.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank sfo2lhr
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I went on a tight budget trip with my girls, and through Priceline.com I reserved a room and prepaid it. Somehow, tragically, I wrote the wrong date in. I showed up on March 17th, and was told my reservation was for the 16th. The hotel was in no way busy, but they would not honor my paid stay by offering me a room for the night. A simple error cost me $79. I wrote to Priceline.com to complain and see if my "trip cancellation" fee of $5 would help. Priceline was of no help, either. I am appalled by both the hotel and the booking agency, and don't recommend either of them.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I've stayed here before and the problem with internet service is an old issue they choose not to fix. I stay in building C and get fair service; but, it disconnects with no easy fix.
Also, diesel trucks in parking lot start early and make a lot of noise. Staff is very nice. The internet showed one or two bars at best. I heard another guest express the same concern to the front desk. I'd rather stay at the nearby hilton, but they're usually booked.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2010

My wife and I found dried vomit on the carpet and also inside the supposedly clean sheets in the bed. I'm not a worldwide traveler or anything, but I was stunned. The manager offered us a new room but also acted the whole time like we had puked and somehow magically caused it to dry instantly. Needless to say, we couldn't bring ourselves to stay there that night, even though nothing else in town was available. We'd been on the road for 11-12 hours already, but headed on another 1 1/2 hours just to get out of Elko. You couldn't pay me enough to stay in this place every again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank COandback
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Stopped in Elko on our way to Reno, got a room for one night. After getting to our room and got settled in, we went up to the front desk and book the room for a second night. Outside door on 1st floor, large clean room, big bathroom with bright lights in bathroom. Coffee pot, microwave and frig. in room.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kmldkl
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Front desk was friendly, room was comfortable, casino was nice to me, what more can I say. I can say this was our first experience of sharing a 2 bedroom suite with my sister-in-law. Both bedrooms had their own thermostats so we could each control our own area. It was very comfortable and since we are all family, private enough.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Elko hotels
Red Lion Hotel & Casino
Ramada Elko Hotel and Casino
Best Western Elko Inn
Thunderbird Motel
Thunderbird Motel
#15 of 29 in Elko
Quality Inn and Suites
Ledgestone Hotel Elko

Been to Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino

Address: 2050 Idaho St, Elko, NV 89801-2627 (Formerly Gold Country Motor Inn)
Location: United States > Nevada > Elko
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Family Hotel in Elko
#5 Romantic Hotel in Elko
#6 Business Hotel in Elko
Price Range: $70 - $107 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino 2*
Free WiFi. Gold Country Inn and Casino provides clean, spacious and clean rooms in the gold mining mecca of Nevada. The best lodging, dining, and gaming in Elko. Whether you're looking for a relaxing getaway or just a fun night out, come to the one place that offers big-time action in an intimate, friendly atmosphere. Delicious dining. A warm, inviting hotel with comfortable rooms. Conveniently located off Interstate 80. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americas Best Value Gold Country Hotel Elko