“A Great Place”

Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to stay on our way to and from California. We love the huge rooms which are always clean and comfortable!!!! We stayed in building B which is close to the road but we were pleasently surprised at how quiet it was. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Claudia W
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Wow, thank you so much for that wonderful review! I'm so very happy to hear you stay with us when you travel to and from California and that we consistantly provide clean, comfortable and quiet accommodations during each stay! Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had to make a mad dash to and from Wyoming to see my aging mother and the Gold Country Inn was a welcome stop on the way. We liked it so well that we stopped again on the way back. Always friendly and the rooms were clean quiet and comfortable. Nothing fancy just a nice homey place on your way from here to there

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for staying with us during your trip to and from Wyoming! We take pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and friendly service so I've very pleased to hear we did our jobs! Your kind words will be passed on to our staff and we hope to serve you again on your next trip though Elko.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The room was very large and the bed was comfy. We stayed in Building C, farthest from the road, so it was very quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bathroom was great, loved the bathtub! Very clean, well kept and no smell of smoke, In-house restaurant wasn't my favorite, but we got in late and they were open and service was good. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in Building C, farthest from the road, It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yelri

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It pleases me to hear our beds were to your comfort and our bathrooms were to your liking! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel is made up of different buildings close together and we were in building C which is the furthest away from the road. Nice big room with king bed and no smell of smoke. Great power in the shower and separate sink area away from bathroom. There was a sitting area, flat screen tv, good free wifi and fridge. We got a walk in rate of $90 with tax (signed up to their loyalty program for free to get an extra discount).
Check in was a pleasure and the staff were very informative and friendly.
It's across the road from the Red Lion casino which is a bigger casino than Gold Country. If you're there in a Friday check out the King Crab buffet for $26 at the Red Lion.

Room Tip: Upstairs room in building C is very quiet and away from the highway. There's only 2 storeys but...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a great review regarding your stay with us! I'm very happy to hear your bed was comfy and you enjoyed the amenities in your room. It's very good to hear our staff was friendly and informative and I'll be sure to pass on your comments to them. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging accommodations in Elko and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have spent many nights at many different motels in Elko. I was going to say this was the best motel I've stayed at in Elko. Revise that to say this is the ONLY motel I've stayed at in Elko that was worth the price. I paid a little more at the motel I stayed at eastbound a couple of weeks earlier and it was terrible. This room was quiet, large, and clean. The room was attractively decorated--not just the token two "paintings" nailed to the wall. The bed was comfortable. There was a coffee maker in the room, and ice a few doors down. There was a microwave and a refrigerator. I noticed a security guard making the rounds, which made me feel safe. This will definitely be my stopover spot the next time I make this trip. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review regarding your stay and thank you for choosing us for your lodging accommodations during your trip through Elko! I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Rooms are very large and well furnished. The beds are in good shape and the place was clean. I was expecting more I guess. No hot tub, no in room coffee, had to walk to the main building to get ice in the morning. There is a restaurant in the casino (lobby) but not even the coffee is free. I'd stay again passing through but I'd stop at a market and get a few provisions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ventc
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you writing a review regarding your stay with us. Please accept my apologies regarding the in-room coffee and ice. We do offer in-room coffee makers and coffee in all of our rooms and we have ice machines in each of our buildings, upstairs & down. I am not entirely sure why you did not have a coffee maker w/coffee in your room but I will be addressing this with our staff to ensure it doesn't happen again. Thank you for choosing us and hope to see you again on your next trip through Elko.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is an older property, but well maintained and clean. Very large room, comfortable beds, very fresh and clean, good a/c and nice coffee maker with good coffee and real glass mugs. Old box TV, but reception was just fine. Room very quiet even though the motel was full.

On site restaurant, nothing special but food was good and service was very good. "Casino"...Smokey small room with poor selection of very stingy, machines...if you want to gamble try the Red Lion accross the street, with a very nice full service casino. and a great Steak House.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BEVSF
Ms-Jewell-Hotel-Mgr, Manager at Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and glad you were pleased with our hotel! Thank you for choosing us and hope you will again the next time you are in Elko!