“Best Mexican in town”

Cuisines: Mexican
Elko, Nevada
“Best Mexican in town”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Free chips and salsa bar for paying customers. Not like the others in town who charge for chips and salsa. Not to mention the servings are massive. Chimi is my favorite, taco salad is the next best. The Surgio's burger is by far the best in town. If your looking for a great burger order up you wont be dissapointed.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank fishfly_73

NV
“Toss Up”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband LOVES this place. I think it's about average. He swears the Sergio Burger is the best in town... and I think it's waaay too greasy.

The flautas are wonderful. The chips and salsa bar is nice if you like a variety of salsa.

Parking is a little tricky if you're not lucky enough to get someplace right on the street. The lot next door is pretty much an uneven, trecherous dirt lot.

The seating is more "cafeteria" style... chair aren't comfortable and the ambience is completely lacking.

The same woman is there taking the orders every day and she's very friendly.

We've never been disappointed with anything we've eaten there.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TheDivineMissM_89801
San Antonio, Texas
“Great! Mexican food”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

The portions were so large that my wife and I took the leftovers back to our room for supper. Excellent food!

Lamoille, NV
“Excellent hole-in-the-wall Mexican”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I eat here all the time, and I do so because the food is consistently excellent. This is more authentic than a lot of places you'll find. I enjoy the carne asada, a lot. The chile verde is tender and flavorful, and the shrimp cocktails are excellent. People tell me that Sergio's has the best burger in town, bar none- I don't come here for the American food, but I'll take their word for it as I hear it a lot. The people who run the place are great and really care about their customers having a good experience in their restaurant.

Come here hungry because the portions are huge - easily enough for two meals if you have the willpower to put half of your meal in a to-go box.

This place typifies hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurants, in all of the very best ways. Good food, great value, fast service. What more could you want?

Visited December 2012