“Best Chinese in Elko”

Cuisines: Chinese
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Best Chinese in Elko”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Good for Elko, but very greasy fried rice, and everything tastes very high in sodium. I can't eat here more than once every 6 months.

Visited November 2012

Concord, California
“A terrible Chinese Restaurant in Elko NV.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had dinner at Chef Cheng's on 10/27/2012.

I ordered the Hong Kong Crispy Noodles. When they arrived and I tasted it I was very disappointed. They were very soggy and none were crispy. The shrimp, beef and vegetables were cook properly, but those soggy noodles were beyond edible.

I told two servers that they were soggy and they said that is how they are always prepared. I have had Hong Kong Crispy Noodles in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and the Chinatowns up and down the California coast. In almost all of the Hong Kong Crispy Noodle dishes, I always have some crispy noodles and some start to soften from the sauce. But this dish wasn't even close to being fair in taste.

They took back the Hong Kong Crispy Noodles and I ordered Wor Wonton Soup as a replacement. The Wor Wonton Soup was only fair too.

I took the $7.45 check to the cash register and paid with a $10 bill. I was given 30 cents change. I told the person that I should get $2.55 back from my $10 bill, she gave me the correct change this time.

Would I go back, never.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Alan S
Central Florida, Florida
“Undercooked seafood”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were looking for good Chinese takeout to eat in our hotel room. The restaurant was crowded. We ordered shrimp and scallops and vegetables. Service was quick, but when we got back to the room, we found that the shrimp were barely done and the scallops were simply undercooked. We come from Florida and know what properly cooked seafood looks and tastes like so we knew not to eat the scallops!

Visited September 2012
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Great food. Large portions. Service lacking.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for dinner after searching out Trip Advisor for a recommendation. We were expecting slow service based on previous reviews so we brought coloring books for our kids. The food was outstanding and the portions were huge, making it a value for a family on a budget.

“Large portions, average food and service”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The word that I would use to describe Chef Cheng's is disjointed. We saw 6 or 7 different people at our table. The service felt a little rushed and disorganized. The food was average. The portions were large. It looks like the restaurant was an old diner--it had the window that the servers picked up the food from. That and the decor was a little unusual but not a problem. With a little more work they could actually make this quaint and unusual in the good way.

• Visited September 2012