All reviews towne place suites oatmeal two bedroom suite full kitchen an extended stay stove top sized refrigerator free weights breakfast was included first stop great stop comfortable hotel road trip great place to stay first floor laundry room definitely stay here again
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is relatively nice for the cost. The rooms are clean, and they have a lot of kitchen items available to borrow if you wanted to utilize the in room “kitchen”. They have a 2 burner stove, fridge and freezer, coffee pot and microwave. In the lobby, they not only have snack foods to purchase, but they also have frozen meals and food items available. Their complementary breakfast has variety. From oatmeal, cereal, waffles, eggs, ham, sausage, fruits, yogurt, etc. plenty of things to pick from. These were all really good things about this hotel.
However, there are a few items that are important to me that this hotel lacked, which would have me thinking twice about coming back.
The beds are not very comfortable. I have back problems and a good bed is a necessity for me.
The shower head was terrible. I felt like the water just dribbled on me. The heads are quite large, but adjusting it only resulted in an even poorer distribution of water.
The biggest issue I had was the noise. The walls seemed paper thin, as all night and early morning, I could hear kids running around in the halls and in the room above us. Our room was also next to the prep room for the breakfast. I could hear pots banging all morning. All of the noise was so loud, it really ruined it for me, to the point I wanted to open my door and yell at the noisy kids and kitchen staff.
I would probably give another hotel a try before coming back to this one.
Aside from my issues, it was a nice hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel T
TPS Elko G M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Elko, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Rachel T,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am happy to hear about the amenities that our hotel provides that you enjoyed such as the fully equipped kitchens, the MarkIt where you can buy goodies, and the breakfast in the mornings. I am however very sorry to hear about your experience with the beds, the shower heads, and the location of the guest room being right next to the breakfast kitchen. I can understand how these things would make your stay less than desireable. We are getting ready for a renovation in the fall and hopefully we can remedy many of these situations. Our hotel tends to stay pretty quiet, except for weekends and sometimes during the summer when we have families vacationing and enjoying the area. I do hope with all this being said, that you will come and stay with us again as my staff and I try very hard to provide our guests the best home away from home as possible.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

I’m here for the week and as always Marriott TownePlace in Elko has impressed me just like last time. Great room nice and clean, and the help at front desk from Alisha has been amazing. The employees always great with a smile and are always willing to give you information and help, be it a restaurant recommendation or where to buy groceries and even your smallest ask - knowledgeable and helpful making the stay enjoyable!!! Thank you once again - GM Becky commend your staff, you have put together a great team and it’s always a pleasure to stay here!!! Your friend from Canada - Dave.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
TPS Elko G M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Elko, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Dear Already Great,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Elko! I cannot tell you how excited I am to hear about how hospitable my team was during your stay. I love sharing feedback such as this, especially when my team is mentioned by name! I know they work very hard to go out of their way to ensure our guests feel comfortable and accommodated during their stay with us. I am very lucky to have such wonderful people on my team, because I know no matter what time of day or night, they are great representatives of Marriott.

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Elko

Reviewed May 22, 2018

While this hotel is one of Elko's best, and is only seven years old, it needs some updating.
TO THE MANAGER, please replace the bed near the entrance in 119. It was very noisy every time we moved very much and my wife's side was low to the outside as if someone very heavy had been sitting there.
The breakfast was standard hotel fare but we were a little later than most people and they were out of most items. The cook was trying to get caught up, but it was very slow. My wife and daughter had the last two cheese omelets and the Canadian bacon and sausage were empty with the bacon showing up while we were there.
There was a piece of molding missing near the bathroom.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
TPS Elko G M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Elko, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear Frank-Linda M,

I am very pleased that you took the time to write about your stay. Feedback such as yours is certainly welcomed as I know my team and I work hard to ensure the best possible accommodations in Elko. I am making note of your comments in regards to your sleeping room as we are getting ready for a renovation this fall. I am especially grateful for your observations during breakfast. I will utilize this as a learning opportunity and a quality assurance assessment. I am also interested in hearing more details about your stay in order to make sure I am addressing these concerns with the utmost urgency. If you have time, please reach out to me via email at becky.plaizier@ldhg.com.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at Towne Place Suites in Elko, NV. The first night was restful. The second night the room above had occupants causing noise and were keeping me up. I complained to staff and they called the room to address the complaint. Eventually the noise stopped. The third night the noise continued. I complained again and the staff did follow up again. However the occupants noise then intensified in retaliation to the complaint. Staff was contacted again. I was disappointed in how it was handled. Rather than kicking them out or moving them immediately they asked me to move to another room as they felt they didn't want the situation to escalate. I complied as I had a flight to catch early but am disappointed that they allowed this behavior at this exceptional hotel otherwise.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear htvandoorn,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and had a good night's rest upon arrival. However, I am saddened to hear about your experience with guest staying above you. We try very hard to make all guests feel comfortable while staying with us, and I regret that you were not happy with the decision we had to make in regards to the room above you. Because it was late at night, and the guest above you was out to dinner, we made the decision to have you move to a different sleeping room so that the returning guests would not disturb you when asked to move to a different room. We hope that providing you with a complimentary second room shows that we did try to minimize the inconvenience as best as we could. We are optimistic that all of our guests are respectful of each other while staying with us, but there are times when we we are forced to make the best decision for the circumstances.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed May 1, 2018

My husband and I stayed here last week and had a very nice stay (This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel). It has a stylish decor and is very clean. Our room was pleasant--comfortable bed, nice little kitchen, large screen tv, large closets, lots of storage space, and a nice work desk area. These are fine features, however my favorite aspect of this hotel is the staff. Very friendly and helpful. They make you feel most welcome and are happy to assist you in any way to make your stay the best it can be. We'll definitely stay here again the next time we're in Elko.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Clydene R,

Thank you so much for writing about your stay with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Elko. I am so happy to hear that you are a return guest of our location and that you enjoy the decor and cleanliness! I can't wait to share with my team all the amenities in the room that made your stay comfortable and accommodating, as well as the hospitality that they showed you. I am pleased that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Elko!