“Clean rooms and well equipped kitchen”

TownePlace Suites Elko
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Elko
San Francisco, California
“Clean rooms and well equipped kitchen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The rooms were clean, the kitchen has everything you need - refrigerator, utensils, dishes, dishwasher. The pool is indoors, clean, and didn't have that strong chlorine smell that many indoor pools have. Breakfast was okay - toast, bagels, cereal, bananas, apples, prepackaged muffins and I assume milk and yogurt from the little refrigerator in the breakfast area but they were empty when we were there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Orangevale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped on our way home from Utah on Labor Day weekend. The staff couldn't have been nicer and recommended a place for a late dinner. The rooms are well equipped with kitchen, desk, living area, comfy bed and bathroom. It is arranged for longer stays but we were here only for one night. The price for a king room was $139 and the hotel is new and nicely kept up. Breakfast was included, internet was easy to use, they had a computer for guests if you needed to check e-mail. Hotel was quiet. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorCal-traveler08
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our overnight stay en route to San Francisco. The hotel and rooms are immaculate and the staff are great. The pool is a good size and very well maintained. You will enjoy your stay and the town is very nice for shopping and dining as well. A home run just off I-80.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank facca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here on Marriott points for 1 night to break up the journey from Lake Tahoe to Salt Lake City. We were upgraded to a 2 room suite, so we had a very comfortable stay. Breakfast was a good start to the day too. There didn't seem to be much to see or do in the town though.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sdwoo
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My travel agent reserved a room at this hotel form me on July 3. My reservation was for July 17, 2013 and my reservation was guaranteed for late arrival with a platinum AX card. After a very long day I arrived at the hotel and was told by the front desk attendant that the hotel was very sorry, but that they did not have a room form me. She called the "manager" who reported that they had made a reservation for me at the Best Western in town. When I inquired why I had been "bumped" from the hotel he stated that the other individuals that were checking in were hotel rewards members and that I was not. I have travelled the world and have never been bumped from any hotel in any country. Who would have thought such an occurrence would transpire in Elko, NV! The hotel "manager" did call me at the Best Western to check on my room. While it was acceptable, it was not of Marriott quality. While if I have stayed at numerous Marriotts over my life I have never enrolled in any hotel rewards program for Marriott or any other hotel. I don't want the e-mail spam that comes with such a program. This Marriott is an extended stay hotel. If you make a reservation you should double check if you have a room on your day of arrival or avoid the hotel all together.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sonoma, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay as it is off the highway and in very good condition. The personnel know their job and provide a room that is clean with nice kitchen features.

Elko is occupied with gold mining personnel and all the hotel/motels are fully booked. We called early in the morning to snag one of the last two rooms available. Don't blink as the next town on US 80 is many, many miles away.

This means you will pay $211/night with all the tax! No discounts for AAA or seniors are offered.

Two problems came up. The air conditioning (which you can't live without) had high noise level due to plastic part vibration and a food item touted on the menu for breakfast was missing because "the truck doesn't come until tomorrow".

Room Tip: Away from highway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We needed a place to rest for a night on our roadtrip and this place was just perfect! King suite is spacious with comfortable beds and clean toilets. Staff was very helpful. We checked in at around 3 AM after driving 11 hrs straight. When we requested a late check-out, they were very gracious and allowed it without any tantrums.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple