“Clean rooms and good service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Elko

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
TownePlace Suites Elko
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Santa Clara, California
“Clean rooms and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We needed a place to rest for a night on our roadtrip and this place was just perfect! King suite is spacious with comfortable beds and clean toilets. Staff was very helpful. We checked in at around 3 AM after driving 11 hrs straight. When we requested a late check-out, they were very gracious and allowed it without any tantrums.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very happy with this hotel. Our room looked brand new, very cheerful, contemporary, clean.
Just a one night stopover, and a terrible view of a rock pile out the window, but we weren't in Elko for the view. After a very long drive we just wanted to grab a bit, relax watch tv and get a good sleep. All the staff go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rachel6086
Schenectady, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

What a pleasant surprise when we got here. We arrived late because of a slight detour on our part earlier in the day. The room, a king suite, was absolutely fantastic! The staff here could not have been any nicer. Everyone from the desk staff to cleaning staff addressed everyone with a "Hello". The room was exceptional-clean and comfy. The breakfast which was included was very good as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ggent
Not Elko
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have driven from Boulder to Mt. Shasta many, many times over the last decade, but haven't done I80 since I was a kid. So, when planning this last trip, I decided to change it up a bit and booked myself a room in Elko, two months in advance.

Little did I know, at the time of booking, I was going to have serious car trouble 50 miles east of town and was going to really need the room that I had only booked for one night.

As luck would have it, the Toyota dealer from Hell-Ko, was going to take days to get the parts and do the work (and then charge me twice what the dealer in Reno would have. . . but that's another review) . . . and. . . with the biggest cultural event of the year happening the same week, I faced, quite literally, being on the streets without a place to stay.

Ten years ago, that wouldn't have been too scary, but these days, I'm afraid I may have become a bit lily livered! My thoughts went to finding the local hospital and sitting in their waiting room until my car was done. . . that or maybe calling the local Police Department and asking if I could hang out in one of their off duty cruisers for a couple days!

FRIGHTENING!

Enter, Jolene, at the front desk of the Marriot;

THIS LADY IS MY CHAMPION!

She searched and switched and was able to change things up so I'd have my room for at least one of those scary nights. Everything else in town was booked to the max and this spotless, darling, well appointed Marriot was undoubtedly the first place to be booked.

Jolene even went so far as to offer me the phone number of the manager where she lived, in hopes he could set me up with something to get me off the streets.

REMARKABLE!

At the last minute, she was able to let me keep my room. Not only did this kindhearted act restore my crumbling faith in the level of customer service in Elko, NV., in it I found hope for the world!

Granted, the cost of the room went up appreciably, due to the town's big event, but at that point, what's another couple hundie? . . considering how the Toyota dealer gouged me, the additional charges at the Marriot were nearly an imperceptible bump in the road.

Thank you, Marriot.

Thank you, Jolene.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank k v
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was nice but the manager refused to accept my AAA card for a discount, noting there was an event in town and she was sure she could sell out that night. Total tab for a room with 2 beds: Over $250. In Elko? Seriously?

Room Tip: The rooms are perfectly fine for this kind of suite hotel. We were on the north side, away from the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vcitron
Cheyenne, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Either the walls are paper thin or the guy above us was bowling all night. We could hear everything, even the bathroom fan. I'm surprised this place reviews so well. It overpriced for a townplace with limited services. And the noise through walls and door was excessive.

• Stayed May 2013
Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times as I travel to Elko for business. The property is newer and located right off the freeway. Smoke-free like all Marriott's is a big plus in a casino dotted town.

They have several different room types. I have only stayed in the king room which is very similar to any hotel room you will find but it has a small kitchenette in it. Lots of closet space, couch and nice work desk. The bed is comfortable and the rooms are very clean. I have found the staff to be extremely friendly and always helpful. The free breakfast is basic but adequate.

This is a great place to stay, especially if you are going to be in town for a few nights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business