“Top Spot to Stay in Elko”

TownePlace Suites Elko
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Albany, CA
“Top Spot to Stay in Elko”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

A wonderful, clean, welcoming place to stay on your road trip! We stayed there on our 5K road trip back and forth from CA to MN. We were so delighted to find this clean, new, beautifully furnished hotel. Kids loved the breakfast and the 2 bedroom suite was like staying in a nice apartment. 3 TVs and plenty of room. Nice indoor pool, small but efficient work-out room, convenient laundry room. Top notch staff too. Weary travelers, check in here and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
vancouver
Reviewed November 25, 2012

(The rough is Elko.)

I feel like I owe this hotel the review I'm about to write, because they saved me from weeks of homesickness.

I started off in the Red Lion and eventually switched to this hotel by a colleague's suggestion - I was becoming very, well, depressed in the other hotel - unable to sleep well, dark and dreary and smelly... But -- check out my review of the Red Lion for that. That's not for here.

This is the only hotel I will ever stay at in Elko, NV. It is full of delightful hosts, house-cleaners that I imagine have magnifying glasses on them at all times, bright but natural colours, and just... homey-goodness. It doesn't feel like a hotel. I would have happily lived there - it felt like a Vancouver apartment.

I literally have no complaints here that are the fault of the hotel; the only complaint I do have from my previous visit is that around 330AM I could here the folks upstairs lugging big cases out to go to work. But, this is a mining town and that is sort of expected. I fell asleep right after anyway. But yeah - that's it for complaints. I never heard anything other than that.

So, this room was amazing - especially since it was at the same price as most standard rooms. The colours were orangey and greens - everything was clean - no scent whatsoever in the room; good nor bad. There was a full size couch in the room, armchair, table - a full desk with shelving and a cupboard attached to it... and a FULL KITCHEN. A huge fridge with freezer, a dishwasher, a stove-top, toaster, coffee maker, and all the utensils, plates, and cooking items I might need. The bed was comfortable and I had a lot of nice pillows to customize it the way I wanted. The bathroom had drawers (brilliant, I have a lot of crap for bathroom and it usually clouds my countertops), the shower curtain was polka dotted (such a small detail but it counts!) - full length mirror with a closet and laundry basket!

I felt so much better here. I felt organized and like I had my own space - a space that made sense for someone on business. Most of nights I'd come home, microwave a bag of veggies from the freezer, get some chicken from the fridge, and settle down to watch TV. Then I'd work at my desk for a while and go to bed.. after more TV. (I'm addicted to the Discovery channel.)

I just can't thank this place enough for being what they are ... if it weren't for them I'd solely see my trips to Elko as depressing. This place makes them tolerable.

Room Tip: Even rooms near the lobby are quiet - but you may want to go to the top floor if you are a light sle...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mulldacity
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

After a long beautiful drive thru Nevada as the sky changed through sunset, this hotel was a surprise to find. We were given a good walkin rate by the friendly helpful staff; and had a good night's sleep for the next day's travel. There are miners that also used this hotel, so breakfast started early here. Ask to be away from the very early risers if you needed to sleep in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WaterviewSeeker
Manteca, California
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We really enjoyed out stay here. WE had a large room wtih a kitchen. We enjoyed the Pool, indoors and heated. Had a nice Hot tub. We enjoyed their free breakfast in the morning. Everything was clean and kept up. Front desk really tried to work with me for another night stay. They just couldn't come up with a Sat night Rate that I was willing to pay. They let me go to the next town and stay, saying Elko is just expensive.. I was on a free night the first night, but the second night was going to be expensive.. I just moved on. :(

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was an excellent choice for our stay in Elko. Although we were only there for one night, I can easily recommend this place for multiple nights, or an extended stay as needed for business travelers. It's new and clean. The hotel staff are polite, helpful, and knowledgeable about the area and what it offers. The room was great. A full size refrigerator, cooktop range, mircowave, full size coffeemaker, dishwasher, sink, and cabinets containing the minimum cookware, utensils and glassware for a simple, in-room meal. It will be the first place we look to for future reservations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have never slept so bad in any hotel. Lot of construction workers coming in and out almost 24/7. Very noisy and badly insulated rooms. You can hear every footsteps of your neighbors. Do not go to this hotel unless you really have to. There are many interesting hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Room was a bit small but was clean and well maintained. Very friendly staff. Continental breakfast was standard fare -- fruit, dry cereal yogurt bagels muffin, juice, coffee, and tea.
As usual, gold elite membership was pretty worthless. High speed Internet was free for all hotels guests, and room upgrade is not a gold elite perquisite.

Stayed August 2012