“Disappointed”

Best Western Elko Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed July 7, 2014

For a city on I-80 that you would think caters to tourist/transient traffic would provide top notch accommodations However I found this Best Western to be only average. The scrambled eggs at breakfast (included in room price) were fine but the omelets and patty sausage were overdone. The packaged breakfast items & waffle were all fine. The room was spacious but the a/c didn't seem to function too efficiently - it was quite hot outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bryce S, Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, it helps us know what we need to make better for our valued guests. I deeply apologize for the poor experience during breakfast and with your A/C unit. I have addressed both and ensure they will not be an issue moving forward. I hope we can have the honor to have you stay with us again, and when you do please reach out to me and I will personally make sure you will have a great experience with us.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nice, clean, pet friendly hotel in Elko. The pet areas outside were a bit nasty but they were there. The restaurants were a walk away, which in 100 degree heat could be a problem for some but then they could also drive.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bryce S, Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Thank you for the review! I will address and make sure pet areas will be clean and ready for all. I hope we can have you be our guest again soon. Please reach out to me the next time you are in town. Have a great day and again thank you!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This town has always been a good stop while going through Nevada. We hit it form the North, coming down through Twin Falls, ID to Wells, NV at the freeway, and it's an easy drive in. The service was top notch, and check in, check out as well as breakfast were a breeze.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bryce S, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you very much for the feedback! We are very happy that you stopped in and hope we can see you again in the future. Once again thank you and please just let us know if you head back this way we would love to have you be our guest again!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here and the age of this place is starting to show. First off, the noise from upstairs was crazy. It sounded like there was a guy or bowling alley above us at 10:00 at night. We had to call the front desk and that seemed to do the trick. I would not get a lower room though.

The refrigerator was constantly buzzing....drove my kid nuts. The air conditioning was too loud and wouldn't stay on consistently. The aroma of cleaning fluid in the hallways was overpowering. The beds are too soft, and my wife kept rolling into the middle of the bed. These mattresses need replacing.

The breakfast was not a nice send off. The coffee was cold, there was no yogurt, and when my wife got a bowl of oatmeal out of the "heated" container, it was stone cold. The toaster takes 3-4 passes to toast, and if you don't stand right next to it the toast just falls onto the counter top. At least the scrambled eggs were ok.

There are better options in Elko. I listed this as average because it's barely above poor.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, stay upstairs. At least there is an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Bryce S, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to know what we can do better for our guests. I want to apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you had with us. I have talked with the staff and made sure that there will be no issue of the breakfast like this again. we are very pleased to announce that there will be more renovations to come and upgrade our property. I hope we can be given the chance to have you stay with us again and if you need anything at all, please just contact me.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

elko is very accommodating, excellent food service, nice room plenty of space, vary helpful staff. check in a breeze. even making the reservation for this hotel was easy. we were going to stay in Winnemucca but they were full and so operator suggested Elko. which turned out to be our best stay of our trip. thank you for the suggestion.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bryce S, Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for your kind feedback. We strive to have a great hotel our guests love and are very happy you enjoyed Elko and the hotel. We hope to see you back again!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel has it together! It was clean with large rooms, the staff was very friendly and went beyond to make sure we were comfortable. The pet walk areas were free of dog poo to the point you and your dog could walk around without fear of stepping in anything. Best hotel, I've stayed at my entire trip! Lastly, the rate was the lowest I paid my entire trip. I will not over look a Best Western again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bryce S, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback, I am very happy your stay was a great one. We strive to have a great hotel for our guests. I hope we can see you again in the future and again thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

we were pleasantly surprise as their was a cycle convention and the town was extremely busy...there were few vacancies...our origin al confirmation was at holiday inn and they comped our room..as they were full...and we had a late check in confirmed

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bryce S, Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! We strive to make sure our guests have a great experience and are always taken care of. I am very happy you liked the Jamboree we were having in town. We have great attractions like this often here in Elko and love for our guests to enjoy! Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!