“Nice stop over on a road trip”

Best Western Elko Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Elk Grove, California
“Nice stop over on a road trip”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Nice stop over on our road trip. Clean room, clean property and quiet. Only complaint was the bathroom shower smelled like urine. It was the shower curtain. needs to be bleached! Kids LOVED the indoor pool after 10 hours in the car--nice end to a loooong day! Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Alan D, Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear beansilover Family,
We are sorry our bathroom did not meet your expectations. Your experience was discussed with our housekeeping staff and all bathrooms in the hotel are currently being reviewed to avoid a similar experience by another guest. We apologize and welcome you back as we agree the largest pool in town makes any stop in Elko more enjoyable, The free hot breakfast is also a family pleaser.

Alan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed at the Elko Best Western on the way from San Francisco to Denver, good overnight spot. Rooms are clean and comfortable, pretty standard inside. My room was large with a huge king bed and had a small refrigerator and a microwave which was nice. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was good to get your day going. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Joseph A,
Thank you for your recent stay and comments. We appreciate that many of our guests are traveling and need a quiet comfortable place to stay. Our staff make an extra effort to be friendly and assist our guests with information and a great stay. See you on another trip.
Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This hotel shows it age a little, but the service, cleanliness, and general looks are very good. The staff are very helpful. The breakfast was great with an omlet, several types of sausage, waffles, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jack C,
Thank you for your recent stay and comments. We are excited about having a great breakfast and we hope you noted that the breakfast area is a WIFI hot spot allowing our guest to start the day with a great breakfast and enhance their stay with the internet connection and work area. We are currently removing the wall paper only a few years old and painting every room and common area. All carpets are being replaced also. Our last renovation was completed July 2010 with this years upgrades the hotel will look brand new by this summer.
Kamas, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I've been staying at this Best Western since before it was a Best Western. Many promises were made in regards to my negotiated rate and as I endured the construction and change to a BW property, but have since gone away with new management. My rate has increased greatly over the past 3 years. So for those that have consistently used this hotel as their home base, it may no longer be the only choice in town. For those casually passing through Elko, NV, I believe you will appreciate the accommodations at this Best Western. The rate is equal to those in upscale communities. The treatment is more like that of a guest than a Best Western family member. Although they have added a customer appreciation night each week which may help to change my opinion on this. All in all, I choose this hotel over others in the Elko area at this time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alan D, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you very much for your nice comments you made on Trip Advisor.
The staff at the Best Western Elko Inn take a lot of pride in providing all our guest a wonderful and unique guest experience. I will share your comments with the staff and we would like to thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I drove to this middle of no-where town for a wedding. I was extremely pleased with the hotel. It is much nicer than any other two star hotel I've stayed in. It was really as nice (atmosphere-wise) as the Hilton Garden Inn I stayed at later on my trip. When you first arrive there is plenty of free parking. The lobby is tastefully decorated, had the scent of a fall candle all throughout the halls, there were fresh baked cookies out when I arrived, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Though I didn't request it- the room had a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker (the other 4 rooms in our party had the same). There was a lot of space in the room too not the usual cramped foot of space from the wall to furniture as is common in economy hotels. The complimentary breakfast had numerous options too from yogurt to eggs to waffles. I think I was in on a group deal because I paid $89/night!!!!!! I would definitely recommend staying here and would return here in the future if my travels take me back along I-80 west! Only negative was the lighting was a little dim for doing makeup outside of the bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your nice comments you made on Trip Advisor.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 2, 2014

After driving through the middle of nowhere and seeing a few no vacancy signs we stopped at Best Western Elko Inn. It was great (and next door to Subway which is also open late).
Front desk was very helpful. Hotel was clean and quiet. Rooms were very spacious. 2 queens, desk, end table, comfortable chair, refrigerator, microwave and more than enough space for a family of 4 to spread out in. No password on internet. Great beds. Excellent breakfast. We weren't there long enough to try out the pool and work out room but would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Alan D, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your nice comments you made on Trip Advisor
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

When traveling I-80 in Nevada and you go thru Elko, if you need to spend the night the Best Western is the hotel to stay at. First it is very clean, doesn't smell of cigarettes like all the Casino/Hotels smell like in Elko and many other towns in Nevada.
They serve a breakfast in the morning which is quite good, they have a variety of breakfast foods to eat.
Another plus for this hotel, it's Pet Friendly.
It's a quiet hotel and easy to find off the freeway.

Room Tip: If you have a pet get a room on the ground floor near one of the two doors.