Best Western Elko Inn
$60
$129
Hampton.com
$112
All reviewsbest westernshot tubbiscuits and gravywaffleshot breakfastexcellent breakfastbreakfast roomwent out of her waynice poolpet areacookiesfitness centergreat place to stayopen hourswould definitely stay here againnext morningvery nice hotel
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We made a last minute reservation here as we passed through on the way back home from Arizona. We frequently stay at Best Westerns, but I thought this one was kind of pricey. That being said, the comlimentary breakfast had many selections, the beds were comfy, and the room was clean. As other reviews suggested, I would look in town for other options ( some of which we have used before)

The parking lot was quite crowded on this summer night, and the parking spaces were quite small if you have a truck or larger vehicle.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate the team and property. The team's day was made!
Our "lazy, little town is in the middle of a gold field. The result is a town full of full hotels filled with all sorts of support teams for the mines. Add in a tourist season, and you will find higher than usual rates for hotel rooms.
We are happy you decided to stay with us, and look forward to serving you again in the future.
I assure you that it was our pleasure.

John M.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here twice coming back and forth between California and Colorado. I liked it so much the first stay that I booked it on the return trip. It was updated, everything was well run, the pool area looked very inviting (didn't bring my suit, so...), the breakfast I thought was very good. It was a little pricey (~$150) for the area, in my opinion, but since breakfast was included, it was OK. Should also specify we needed "dog friendly" so that limited the choices. But I thought overall it was very good, and no complaints!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you appreciated your stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again.

Paul H

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Hotel in Elko, Nevada for five nights beginning on August 29th, 2013. Our room was clean, large and comfortable. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel has a nice breakfast which is included and a good pool. We thought that this hotel was an exceptional value for the rate charged and a good quiet hotel to stay in while in Elko. The casino is across the road.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor away from the elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to evaluate our accommodations. I couldn't agree with you more. You made our team very happy! Thank you for choosing our place for your accomodations. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed 1 night at Elko on our way across Nevada. We were tired and were ready to find a place so we checked the AAA lodging tour book and made reservation at BW since we are members of their rewards program. We probably should have shopped around as there appeared to be a wide selection of hotels in the area - many of which weren't in the AAA book.

The introduction to the BW Elko Inn was the overwhelming perfumy smell in the lobby. At first we thought it was just in the lobby, but it was also very strong throughout the corridors. We had hoped the AC in our room would help disapate the smell but the AC in our room was rather flaky.

Overall, we were able to get some sleep before continuing on our drive, but I was not impressed by this hotel. I'm not a big one on decor, or being put off if the decor is "dated" but this BW looks like it could use some updating. On our floor the ice machine could be used only by using the room key, and then the ice only came out in fits and starts. Went to lower floor for their ice machine and (1) no key card required; and (2) ice spit out fine.

Breakfast was ok - typical "free" breakfast at these joints. A person who appeared to be the manager was talking with a staff member, seemingly presenting her with a job promotion opportunity - a conversation that could easily be overheard and clearly should not have been made in that setting. (I feel confident the person was a manager as when we checked in, he was standing by the entrance doors, which were supposed to be automatic doors, but they weren't working. When we checked in the front desk person made some reference to her boss being at the door.) Additionally, I found it odd that the manager would sit down at a table like his guests did, for breakfast...

Room Tip: If you have sensitivity to scents - even slighltly - suggest you find different place
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DarleneQ
John M, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Because of the thoughtless smokers who smoke inside the building, we do have extra room deodorants in the Hallways. I thank you for the comments in this regard, we will be making changes.
The ice machine situation is an attempt to accommodate all guest to free ice. Again there are some who would empty the machines to fill multiple coolers. Perhaps signs would alleviate some of this problem. Thank you for your input.

As far as the manager eating breakfast in the breakfast room, yes that was me. I have only been in town for less than two weeks, and have been eating when the room was not crowded. Again, I apologize and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will wait until the breakfast is closed to partake.
I thank you for all of your comments and do take them to heart. Please comeback the next time you are in the area and let us show you the changes. We appreciate your comments

John M

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was the worst experience I have ever had my 15 years as a tour planner. I had reserved 13 rooms for August 31. Had talk to the Sales Manager and faxed in rooming list prior to arrival. I tried to call at least 4 or 5 times the day of arrival to inform then of our estimated arrival time. No one ever answered the phone. When we arrived no one was at the front desk and it took about 15 minutes before someone showed up. When she did we were informed they did not have any rooms for us. That's 13 rooms how could you miss this. They seemingly had not tried to provide accommodations at a comparable hotel as she only called a hotel 45 minutes to see if they could accommodate us. THE HOTEL WAS ABSOLUTELY APPALLING. This was my first and last experience with the entire Best Western Chain

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tour_Time2013
John M, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

I, too, was appalled by the lack of attention our previous Sales Manager gave your group. I had only been on the property, as General Manager, for a few days when the issue reared it's ugly head. We literally called every place in town to find suitable accomodations. Because of the County Fair, The Horse races, and some other functions there was no availability. Wells, NV, was the closest available area.
In my almost 50 years in the industry, I have never had to displace a tour, until now. I personnally apologize for the error. We have yet to find what was done with your reservation. As you are aware, we did pay for the accommodations. It was the least we couuld do. I hope you reconsider your decision about staying here. I would be happy to extend a 25% discount from your quoted rate as a peace offering. I extend my most sincere apologies to you and your guests.

Paul Harris