“Very nice hotel but has unfriendly front desk girls”

Best Western Elko Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a newer hotel that is clean and modern. I checked in around 7pm on 7-7-13. The two front desk girls had an indifferent attitude toward guests and were unfriendly. I felt like a "number" that they just wanted to process through, so they could continue talking to each other. They were also frowning and then smirking at each other when they had to pick up the phone that would ring.

The location is on the main road, but the rooms are set back from it. So, there wasn't traffic noise. We did not hear our neighbors until the morning when they would let their doors slam.

The rooms are nicely appointed. They provide four pillows that are exactly the same (too overstuffed and firm for back and side sleepers). I recommend asking for down or thinner pillows.

The check out time is noon, but the maids will start knocking on doors early. It was 8:30am when one got to our room. We never found a '"do not disturb" door sign in our room. So, we had to answer the door.

The breakfast room is large and has a wonderful selection. It is the best that I've ever seen at a motel or cheaper hotel. They had waffles, biscuits/gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon (that was floppy and greasy), cereal, toast, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, granola bars, fruit, etc. The drinks were regular/chocolate milk, apple juice, orange juice (dispenser not working), coffee, tea, and a hot chocolate/cappuccino/macchiato machine.

• Stayed: August 2013
John M, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our accommodations. We read each and everyone and take your comments to heart. One of the two young ladies you mentioned are no longer with us. We enjoyed serving you during your stay and hope to see you again the nex time you are in the Elko area. Thank you again!

Best regards,
John M.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Elko Inn

Reviewed August 4, 2013

From start to finish, this hotel got it right. friendly welcome, even a letter form the manager because I am a rewards member. The girls at the front desk were professional and personable. I had laundry to do and they easily got me change, and gave me soap! Room was spotless, the bathroom was beautiful, clearly recently renovated. Breakfast was excellent. The whole place was very well maintained and cared for. Was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
John M, Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

It is good to hear we were able to provide a relaxing and enjoyable stop on your way home. Thank you so much for choosing the Best Western in Elko for your travel needs. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. The staff and I take pride in making evey guests stay memorable. We look forward to having you in the future and if you have any needs or concerns you are always welcome to contact me directly. Thank You, John McIff

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice quality stay and better than expected for a small town like Elko. Rooms include a fridge and a microwave. Breakfast was very good ( eggs sausage and more). Nice pool and spa area inside the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
John M, Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Always good to be referred to as a gem. The staff and I really want to make every guests enjoyable and as relaxing as possible. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and 24 hour pool and fitness room. Thank You, John McIff

Reviewed August 1, 2013

It is very nice hotel to stay driving from Yellowstone back home. We were so happy to know that the pool and gym is opened 24 hours. We had to leave early next morning and could use the pool in the late evening and the gym early morning. The room is clean and space is big. The breakfast is good. We were so relaxing in here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We travel between Montana and California a couple of times a year and have stayed at this hotel for many years now. We've found the staff to be always friendly and courteous and very helpful with tips for where to have dinner. The rooms are well furnished, roomy and always very clean. The indoor pool is very large and again always very clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I had car problems and found ourselves stuck in a little town called Elko, Nevada for three days while our car was being worked on. We checked into the Best Western Hotel. We found the staff to be warm and welcoming, especially a young lady named Erika who helped make our stay more bearable as we waited for our car. Erika went out of her way to help us and with lots of kindness and patience. When we needed to move hotels (due to no transportation to get around the town) she called all over town looking for another Hotel for us (not even a Best Western) as most Hotels were booked. She found one for us! Erika and Best Western made our frustrating situation much better. In the future we will always choose to stay at a Best Western!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013

It was good to hear that Erika made a bad situation for you a little better. I will be passing your comments along to her. Thank you so much for choosing the Best Western in Elko for your travel needs. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. The staff and I take pride in making evey guests stay memorable. We look forward to having you in the future and if you have any needs or concerns you are always welcome to contact me directly. Thank You, John McIff

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here one night with our family of four at the beginning of a long road trip. I have to say that I was IMPRESSED! I give it 5 stars not because it is "posh" but because the rooms are very clean, the pool is large as is the hot tub. The breakfast had a great variety and the rooms were huge. There is a ton of floor space for suitcases and to just spread out. Plus refrig & microwave. The price is right too. Do not hesitate to stay here.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for provding feed back about your stay at the Best Western Elko. I am glad you found our rooms large and our breakfast enjoyable. The 24 hours pool and Jaccuzzi is definetly a highlight for many of our guests. The staff and I look forward to your next stay with us. Thank You, John McIff