“A Great Night”

Best Western Elko Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I had been on the road traveling to and from Oregon and had made it a three night trip going each way. This was, by far, the best hotel we stayed in. We paid a little more but it was worth it! and they take pets!!! Very nice!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWGMelkonv, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful compliments! We are so glad you chose us as your "round-trip" hotel! We very much look forward to your return visit! Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Reviewed December 3, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in early June of this year and wrote a very good trip advisor review. Everything was really great as before but with one exception this time. My husband, myself and our dog stayed in room 136 which was just by an entrance/exit door. This was great for taking the dog out and getting to our car. But at 4:15 in the morning we were awakened by a few gentlemen talking, smoking and literally leaning against the window of our room. When I opened the curtains it near scared me to death and set my normally quiet dog off to barking. So don't stay in that room. It is also noteworthy that the room is under the steps to the second floor, so it was noisy with guests going up and down. Other than that one issue, the inn was quite good. Nice service, well kept grounds and clean rooms. As I had mentioned before it would be great if management had a pet station so owners could clean up after their pets. I clean up after mine, but its evident that many don't which is so rude to the rest of us!
I think it would also be nice if management had off peak/mid week specials. I asked for one but was told none existed. I'd also add that the gym and pool are out of commission at this time..which was unfortunate for me as I had brought my swimsuit and workout gear. A discount offer would've been a real feather in management's cap!!
I will still return to this inn!

• Stayed: November 2012
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank your return visit to our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your 2nd stay and will make the Best Western the hotel of your choice. We are sorry that other guests interferred with your night's sleep. We do have an inhouse mining group that leaves very early in the morning. I will speak to their foreman about the early morning noise. Our apologies on this matter.

As to a mid-week special, we are not a typical hotel with slow mid-week performance and high weekend performance. We have high occupancy during the week and less occupancy on weekends. As a result of this, we can offer a discounted rate for the weekends, but our rate remains competitive with other business hotels during the week with discounts unavailable.

We look forward to your return stay and hope to have a pet station available soon. Thanks again for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Although I felt this hotel was a bit pricey, I have no complaints about service, our room or the quality of our sleep. The breakfast was also excellent. The staff was able to help us find some things to do and we really enjoyed the town as a result.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn. We are very proud of our facilities and our staff. Great to hear that the staff was able to assist you to find things to do in Elko. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I think this must be the nicest place to stay in Elko. It was clean and seemed new (recenly renovated, I gather). Compared to other Best Westerns though, it seeed expensive. The fitness faciltiy was poorly equipped, and the equipment and space not well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments. The property was renovated 2 years ago and we work to maintain the hotel. Many of our guests think we are a relatively new property and are surprised at the age of the Best Western Elko Inn. We will be turning our attention to the fitness center equipment and will be looking to replace one of the units and more if necessary. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. We take every comment seriously as if the guest were on staff with us. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The place is descent, standard Best Western...My issue is that motel employees smoke inside brake romm with open door so of course you can smell cigarette smoke everywhere. I WOULD RECOMEND STAYING SOME PLACE ELSE IN ELKO. Or in Utah or California where they do not allow smoking in motels.

• Stayed: October 2012
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We do not have a break room for the employees nor do we allow employees to smoke inside the hotel. Our employees do use the laundry area to gather, but there is no smoking allowed by our employees on property. We will remain vigilant on this.

We do however have a long term mining group that is staying with us and they are assigned to the smoking rooms on the south wing of the hotel. Many of these hotel guests do smoke, and we are sorry that the cigarette odor offended you. I have a strong allergy to cigarette smoking myself and so I am always alert to the odor. We use deodorizers to help control the odor. Again, my apologies to you.