“Second visit to this Inn. Terrific stay again.....but one issue....”

Best Western Elko Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Elko
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in early June of this year and wrote a very good trip advisor review. Everything was really great as before but with one exception this time. My husband, myself and our dog stayed in room 136 which was just by an entrance/exit door. This was great for taking the dog out and getting to our car. But at 4:15 in the morning we were awakened by a few gentlemen talking, smoking and literally leaning against the window of our room. When I opened the curtains it near scared me to death and set my normally quiet dog off to barking. So don't stay in that room. It is also noteworthy that the room is under the steps to the second floor, so it was noisy with guests going up and down. Other than that one issue, the inn was quite good. Nice service, well kept grounds and clean rooms. As I had mentioned before it would be great if management had a pet station so owners could clean up after their pets. I clean up after mine, but its evident that many don't which is so rude to the rest of us!
I think it would also be nice if management had off peak/mid week specials. I asked for one but was told none existed. I'd also add that the gym and pool are out of commission at this time..which was unfortunate for me as I had brought my swimsuit and workout gear. A discount offer would've been a real feather in management's cap!!
I will still return to this inn!

• Stayed: November 2012
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank your return visit to our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your 2nd stay and will make the Best Western the hotel of your choice. We are sorry that other guests interferred with your night's sleep. We do have an inhouse mining group that leaves very early in the morning. I will speak to their foreman about the early morning noise. Our apologies on this matter.

As to a mid-week special, we are not a typical hotel with slow mid-week performance and high weekend performance. We have high occupancy during the week and less occupancy on weekends. As a result of this, we can offer a discounted rate for the weekends, but our rate remains competitive with other business hotels during the week with discounts unavailable.

We look forward to your return stay and hope to have a pet station available soon. Thanks again for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Elko Inn

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Although I felt this hotel was a bit pricey, I have no complaints about service, our room or the quality of our sleep. The breakfast was also excellent. The staff was able to help us find some things to do and we really enjoyed the town as a result.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn. We are very proud of our facilities and our staff. Great to hear that the staff was able to assist you to find things to do in Elko. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I think this must be the nicest place to stay in Elko. It was clean and seemed new (recenly renovated, I gather). Compared to other Best Westerns though, it seeed expensive. The fitness faciltiy was poorly equipped, and the equipment and space not well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments. The property was renovated 2 years ago and we work to maintain the hotel. Many of our guests think we are a relatively new property and are surprised at the age of the Best Western Elko Inn. We will be turning our attention to the fitness center equipment and will be looking to replace one of the units and more if necessary. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. We take every comment seriously as if the guest were on staff with us. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The place is descent, standard Best Western...My issue is that motel employees smoke inside brake romm with open door so of course you can smell cigarette smoke everywhere. I WOULD RECOMEND STAYING SOME PLACE ELSE IN ELKO. Or in Utah or California where they do not allow smoking in motels.

• Stayed: October 2012
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We do not have a break room for the employees nor do we allow employees to smoke inside the hotel. Our employees do use the laundry area to gather, but there is no smoking allowed by our employees on property. We will remain vigilant on this.

We do however have a long term mining group that is staying with us and they are assigned to the smoking rooms on the south wing of the hotel. Many of these hotel guests do smoke, and we are sorry that the cigarette odor offended you. I have a strong allergy to cigarette smoking myself and so I am always alert to the odor. We use deodorizers to help control the odor. Again, my apologies to you.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Super friendly staff, free cookies at check-in, awesome free breakfast with tons of choices, large rooms, nice indoor pool and hottub. Location was pretty good.. only a short walk to the Museum down the street, a couple strip malls, two or three casinos and several places to eat. Overall a really great experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank windowpane
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Many of our guests depart announcing similar experiences as you have stated above. We are very proud of our staff who go out of their way to provide excellence in customer service. You have accurately stated our amenities and our GREAT BREAKFAST which we have worked very hard to improve. Thanks for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn and we very much look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the BW Elko Inn at the beginning of a road trip that is taking us through Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and Nebraska. We found the inn to be clean and comfortable. Our one complaint was that we thought there was no elevator (we had been directed to a side door as the entry point for our room - and there is no elevator in that location). My poor husband had to lug 2 heavy suitcases and other travel gear up a long flight of stairs - and back down in the morning. A couple of days after our stay, my husband responded to a survey sent by corporate Best Western and commented about the lack of an elevator. He received an indignant email message from the manager of the BW Elko questioning his comments, suggesting that he had rated the wrong motel or that his responses were tainted by his perception that there was no elevator, and telling him he should have asked about an elevator as there is one in the front section of the motel. If the clerk had mentioned that there is an elevator to my husband when he checked us in, I can guarantee that we would have used it!

Because of the manager's somewhat rude personal response to my husband we will not be staying in the BW Elko Inn on our return home, despite the fact that we are Platinum Best Western members and were happy enough with the facility - especially now that we know there is an elevator.

1  Thank NevermindCA
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

I am sorry you felt that my response to you was rude. Many times people can read a text and ascribe an attitude to it that is not there. My response was matter of fact and there was no intention of being rude at all. That's why I asked you to call me and gave you our phone number. We are sorry that you had to use the stairs instead of the elevator. While we try at the front desk to always think of mentioning everything we can to the guests, sometimes we miss some information. My suggestion to you that if an elevator is important to you, that you ask when you arrive at any hotel - was only being prudent for your future stays. People make mistakes and you felt we made a mistake by not telling you about our elevator. My sincerest apologies to you in this regard. I have reminded our staff to once again make sure they are telling our guests about our elevator. In the future, almost ALL Best Westerns with multiple floors will be required to have an elevator. I hope that you will return to the Best Western Elko Inn. Please contact me directly as it is my desire that we MAKE THINGS RIGHT!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

GREAT Best Western! We travel with a small dog so were delighted to find such a nice hotel that would take her. Fee for her was moderate. Place to walk our pup for her to potty was grassy and clean (and we, of course, picked her "business" up). We appreciate when hotels allow dogs so do our best to make sure we are good guests.

Room was very large, clean and attractive, and the beds comfortable ( a BIG plus!). The bathroom was modern, the water pressure good, and the shower head adjustable. Breakfast was delicious and a huge selection was offered - waffles, biscuits and gravy, moist scrambled eggs, muffins, bagels, cereal, juices and milk, hard boiled eggs, toast, fresh pineapple and more. The room where breakfast was served was cheery and clean and a really nice first-thing-in-the-morning experience.

When in Elko, NV, treat yourself to a wonderful night's stay at this Best Western!

1  Thank SierraSouth
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind assessment of our property. We are quite proud of our hotel! We are pleased to be a pet-friendly hotel and we thank you for taking care of your pet when using the yard.

We have a fantastic breakfast and we are always looking for ways to improve our offerings. We are glad that you found everything to your liking. We look forward to your return visit to the Best Western Elko Inn!