Best Western Elko Inn
$83
$174
$169
GardenInn.com
All reviewsbest westernshot tubbiscuits and gravywaffleshot breakfastexcellent breakfastbreakfast roomwent out of her waynice poolpet areacookiesfitness centergreat place to stayopen hourswould definitely stay here againnext morningvery nice hotel
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We got a suite for a family of 6.
The sutie has a kitchen, private room with King, another King in the main area and a sofabed.
The qualityof bed is excellent, the sofabed is soft and probably needs to be changed.
The kitchen area is big, with a small dining table. Room is very very spacious, clean and comfortable. My kids really enjoy the space. pool area is clean. Breakfast serves from 4h30AM, which is realy rare and it is a decent continental breakfast with 2 hot dishes (eggs, sausages...).
Well worth the money and strongly recommend for family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Guests who choose our family suites are often surprised by the quality of these rooms and the amenities. Thanks for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn on your recent trip through Elko. We are proud of our property and take care of it and our guests notice! Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your great experience with us!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were extremely pleased with our one night stay at this Best Western. After a long drive across Nevada, it was a welcome relief to be greeted in such a friendly manner by the check in staff. Our room was double Queen and was very clean and well maintained. The breakfast was available at 4:30 in the morning and with our early departure, we benefited from this immensely. We didn't use the pool facilities, but did see many others enjoying themselves. Reasonably priced, and pet friendly (with a nice walking area set aside). Check out very efficient as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

You have discovered one of our secrets at the Best Western Elko Inn - we do run an early breakfast for those who need to depart early. We are so glad that you were pleased with our service, our cleanliness and all of our amenities. We are proud of our staff and it is great to hear that our guests appreciate their great customer service!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I booked a King Whirlpool suite for $150 through a third party site. When we went to check in, the girl at check in said they didn't have whirlpool suites and we would be getting a King standard. I asked why they had whirlpool listed as an option if they didn't exist and she said they had one whirlpool room but it was already taken. Remember that scene in that episode of Seinfeld about knowing how to TAKE a reservation, but not knowing how to HOLD the reservation? Yeah, that. I was super disappointed and the service/explanation from the front desk lady was less than stellar. In fact, she was downright rude about it, and kept talking to me in a condescending tone as if it were my fault for expecting a whirlpool suite. She kept saying things about "booking through a third party (DUHHH)" .. just very unprofessional. I expected a whirlpool suite because THAT'S WHAT I PAID FOR.
Also, the pool was FREEZING. It is an indoor pool and supposed to be heated, but no. It was ice cold. Everyone who got in thought so, so it wasn't just me. And the hot tub was too hot; we could only stay in for a couple minutes before we felt overheated. The rooms were clean and the renovations were nice on the surface but the shower faucets would spray water randomly and our tub didn't drain very well. I hate standing in water while I'm showering. Hot breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy) but it was all very much the "reconstituted" feeling; just OK. Not super appetizing.

The AC was also very loud when it turned on, so loud that it would wake us up out of a dead sleep. Turning it off was not an option because it was too hot outside the weekend we were in Elko.

Overall I am very disappointed in the poor customer service and the refusal to give me a partial refund after I wasn't given the room I reserved. And the attitude of the front desk clerk (who was pregnant, if that helps management pin-point who it was) was terrible. She was rude and condescending and made it all seem like my fault. THAT is enough to make me avoid staying here ever again. The rest of the "cons" were not deal breakers. Management really should teach their employees how to be courteous, respectful and professional. Another clerk told friends who were staying there at the same time as us that she didn't know where a certain clothing store had relocated because she was too poor to shop there. What kind of statement is that to make to a visiting customer? Not only unprofessional, but too much information. Check-in clerks should make their patrons feel at home, welcome and comfortable. All of which went overlooked for myself and others who stayed at this hotel.
And I'd love to talk to someone about getting a partial refund for the room I did not get. So irritating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We have twice invited the guest to contact us and are waiting to hear from them.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here a month ago, we got in and our reservation was lost. We ended up staying in one of the jacuzzi rooms with 3 kids. The girl at the front was very friendly and got us a roll away bed. The pool is FREEZING. My kids couldn't swim in it and stayed in the hot tub instead hitch was still cold but tolerable. The rooms are nice and the beds are okay...firm but tolerable! Staff seems friendly and helpful.

We are here again this month and the pool is still freezing, it's too cold for us to get in, and this time the hot tub is too warm, so we had to come back to the room. We come with my husband for his work and look forward to swimming instead of being stuck in the room, this is disappointing and frustrating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BWElkoGM, General Manager at Best Western Elko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments about the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff. Many of our guests truly feel at home with our employees. I had our maintenance staff check the pool temperature and it is within specified perameters for operation. We also checked the spa temperature and it too is functioning propertly. Still, we have called in an outside party to check both of the boilers that heat the pool and the spa to make sure our temperature readings match and that the boilers are functioning propertly. Thank you for helping us keep things running as they should at the hotel!

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We checked in on July 5th for a one-night stay. The hotel is only two-stories. The younger lady at the front desk was VERY polite and ready for the night's check-ins with all the room keys and paperwork ready, got to love organization!!!!!

She told us exactly how to get to the room, when breakfast was, how to get to the pool. We had booked an oversized queen room, but it seemed standard size.

Did have an issue with the air-conditioner not working so we called the front desk to see if we needed to be doing something else with the controls. We were met again with the same friendly service and she even offered to change our room. We finally got it figured out (the thermostat hadn't been connected so we had to use the controls on the air conditioner itself).

I will say the only resson I didn't rate this hotel with five stars is that the corridor smelled (reeked, really) of smoke. Since we are non-smokers this did not appeal to us.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Elko Inn. We are proud of our staff as they have proven to be very helpful to our guests at checkin and through their stay. We are sorry that the wing your room was in - was in the section where we still have some smoking rooms. We try to deodorize the area as best we can. We apologize to you. We look forward to your return visit.